How big do ya all think she is?

slim_shady

LSB Active Member
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
This post is in part an attempt to post a pic, and a bit about the story behind the pic.

Up until a week and a half ago, the only activity I noticed on the property was next to a fence line on the west side. For two weeks I attempted to locate it with the game cam without any luck. Then all of a sudden fresh activity on the east side. Giant ruts in the most soil. Craters 3 to 4 ft in diameter 9" to 12" deep. I tracked the signs to the north east corner of the field, and decided to setup a spot to hand feed every morning and mount a cam to check for activity.

Sure enough after 2 days, I have pictures. They showed up well after midnight. A giant sow and her litter. Lonepunman & I went out wed night and positioned ourselves between some round bails with a 60 yard shot line to the feed area. We sat for nearly 3 hours, at midnight we decided to move to a different section of the field to see if we could find any on the move across the field.

I discovered the next morning she made a showing 15 min after we walked away. With more pictures Friday night I decided to make a go of it on my own sat night after work. I was in a different position along the fence line 60 give or take yards away at 7 pm. Within 20 min I heard them coming, after another 15 min I had motion right next to the fence headed strait for me. Without Thermal, or NV I was already in position with my bipod and hit the power button on my red led light. She was instantly spooked and did a 180. Sadly my sight range along side the fence line was only 4 ft wide. She was gone. What's worse, my boss rolled up 15 min later on his 4x4 blasting away with his 12 gauge, completely unaware it was right where I setup.

As far as I can tell she hasn't been back.

With that, the pictures. The camera was mounted 30" off the ground. The round bail is 60" tall.

With that in mind, how much do ya think this old gal weighs?

dfj30m.jpg

2637l3q.jpg

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
The unknown there is... how close is she to the bail? Bummer though.

slim_shady

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
1 to 2 ft away from the bail.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice size sow, had to tell by a pic...maybe 200ish. won't be back there after the light and shots...too smart

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
1 to 2 ft away from the bail.
If so, I'd estimate the chest (top to bottom) to be roughly 20", and from the base of the tail to the left ear (as seen in the pic) to be roughly double that. M'be another 20" of length including her head? Frank's 200 sounds fair.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
So hard to tell from pictures but best guess would be somewhere around 200lbs. Hope you get her she will be back but Im afraid she will run at the first sign of a light now.

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I would be confident to say she weighs more than 100lbs!! What ever she weighs she is/was a nice one and the little ones would be good eats also. Hope the best for you. Good luck. BANG BANG!!