Hornady 100gr GMX

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Got some of these today if the hogs cooperate I will tear them on live targets!

image.jpg

This was the first kill I know of with the 6.8spc Hornady 100gr GMX

This was the second about 2 seconds later. The neck wound is about quarter size exit and not typical I think a chunk of spine came out. Most exits have been about dime to penny in size.

This next one was one of the first day kills I have had in a long while. She was running quartering away about 50 yards. Hit the neck and exited the forehead about dime size exit.

Entrance wound.

Non typical coyote wound head shot mind blowing GMX performance!

Last edited:

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
How did they compare in price to the SST? I am sure they were higher. 50 count box too I see.
Hornady sent them to me to test on live targets.

sjb67

Mineral Wells, Texas
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Even better. I know you will give us the results. Thanks for all your hard work look forward to seeing the review. I have shot some GMX out of my 300 WSM. Expands well and retains its weight.

Wassman

Houston, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Lord know the legend will put them to the test. I know it will be difficult to shelf the SST though. I know I would.

Looking forward to your findings.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Lord know the legend will put them to the test. I know it will be difficult to shelf the SST though. I know I would.

Looking forward to your findings.

I just ordered 1500 SST's so not giving up on them!

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Where did you find them cheap enough to buy that many at one time?

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
i love the SST's but I want to try some other bullets too. I did like the 110 grain v-max. They were the most accurate out of my rifle. After your testing I might have to try these as well

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
I believe they will work similar to the TTSX. I thought about trying some, but my next outing will be with the 90gr Nosler Bonded.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Great news loaded these with 28.5 gr AA2200 and point of impact was same as my 120sst load! Nice little sub moa groups at 100 yards! Yay this is going to make using these very easy for me!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Great news loaded these with 28.5 gr AA2200 and point of impact was same as my 120sst load! Nice little sub moa groups at 100 yards! Yay this is going to make using these very easy for me!
Love it when the planets align.

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That makes it a huge help. Saves a lot of time

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
What's the approximate velocity out of a 16 inch barrel with this ammo? Also do you know if they are plan to sell it already loaded off the shelf anytime in the next year or two?

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
What's the approximate velocity out of a 16 inch barrel with this ammo? Also do you know if they are plan to sell it already loaded off the shelf anytime in the next year or two?

This is not the hottest load think it can go up to 30.5 but will stay here from now Xman got 2685fps with this load. They are making the loaded ammo right now it will be on the shelves soon.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I am anxious to see your kill report

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yeah, I can't wait to see how they perform compared to the SST. Would be nice to recover one of each

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Ooooo... new booooolits!

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Look forward to the video