Hog hunt this next weekend

cincoranchhntr

LSB Member
Heading down to the ranch near Three Rivers next weekend for a 4 day hog hunt. I'll be baiting with sour corn and hunting evening/night and morning. I'm hoping to bag a 250+ pounder. I will be using a Savage .270 and my customized 7.62x54R Mosin Nagant. I got a new Yamaha Grizzly 450 ATV to get around on too, which will allow me access to some great spots for baiting. Hopefully, I'll have a good report and some pics to post next week.
Wish me luck!

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Go get em' !!!

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Best of luck to ya and hope you get a huge one and post up some pictures!!! BANG BANG!!

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Best of luck to you! Remember you can rest when you get back home...make us proud!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good luck.. bring your battery charger too !!

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Good luck! You are going to a good area with lots of hogs. Can't wait to hear about your trip.

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Lots of pictures

cincoranchhntr

LSB Member
Well, we came home without hogs. Feeders were empty. Put out sour and fresh corn They showed up at 9pm on the third night at a bait spot we hunted the two previous nights. They stayed at the sour corn all night long. Got a few hundred pics and a few big boars & sows came in. These were razor backs clearly having the 'mowhawk' along the back.
We were lazy and laid off that spot the third night. Still kicking myself. That won't happen again. There were an average of 5 hogs at that one spot all night. We are returning April 10 to fill feeders and prep for ahunt in about three weeks. I will have bait and camera at that same spot all weekend and may hunt Sat night. I'll post results after this next trip.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Ahhhh.... So close. Those hogs can be elusive buggers!

cincoranchhntr

LSB Member
We decided to cancel the trip this weekend due to the very wet forecast and go on the 17th instead . It looks wet for next weekend too, but going anyway. We have to get all 7 feeders going.
My sour corn is putrid now and i'm sure the hogs will smell it for miles. Will hunt all night over
bait fri & sat and see what happens. I will be using my .270 at night and my mini 14 for a Sat morning spot and stalk thru the river bottom. I will be wearing a go pro type cam for the spot and stalk.

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Good luck, at least you are in a good place for lots of hogs.

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good luck!! Hopefully all this rain will get the hogs on the move and a big boar or sounder will come through while you're out there!

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
So far we have had 7" with more coming, can't waste my time at the lease but I bet all the animals are moving

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
How high's the water Mama...3' high and rising. Add some nice banjo music....

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Well, they do change their patterns but we have year round swamps and creeks so they are used to getting around water.

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I am sure they do. We are seeing this here as well, but without the swamps. I haven't seen a sounder at my place in a long while.

PIC%2038.jpg