LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I hate it when that.l happons.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
yeah 90's and going thru brush too, looked like you hit him if it was not deflected.

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Tough shot. I could not hear an impact. Judging the position of where I think he could have been hit, I would not expect the hog to go down even if you would have used a .45-70.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Don't feel bad, I snuck up on a big sow 2 nights ago in the dark...50 yards or less maybe. Turned on light and lowered it down on her, she was in a big hole they had rooted up...still not sure which end I shot but she ran off and I looked yesterday and never found her. I was using my 223 tho to test out the new "Hog Plex" reticle at night. They do not die easily some days!

Shooter

Bedford, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I hatge loosing them but it happens often if you do not place that roumd just right and then in my case they are in the woods in about ten yards. And the woods out by where I hunt is thick, dark as hell and scarry. The buzzards seem to do a good job of finding them@@@

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
A tough shot. Good try though.

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I've had good luck with the 120 ssts. Good luck with the next hunt!

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Don't feel bad, I snuck up on a big sow 2 nights ago in the dark...50 yards or less maybe. Turned on light and lowered it down on her, she was in a big hole they had rooted up...still not sure which end I shot but she ran off and I looked yesterday and never found her. I was using my 223 tho to test out the new "Hog Plex" reticle at night. They do not die easily some days!
Ranch owner just called...said the buzzards are having lunch today...I knew the sow died somewhere ...just a little bit onto the neighbors place she said.

dman62

LSB Member
120gr SST's have accounted for a bunch of Texas hogs. The damage they do inside an animal is pretty impressive and the price is right.