Hog charging videos (Some bad language0

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Out of all the hogs I've shot at only 8 now have actually charged at me on purpose five of those were pregnant sows. Now I have had a bunch of hogs run towards me just trying to get away. This has gone up significantly since I started using the suppressor. I watched a whole heard run down a cattle trail straight at my friend only to run around him leaving him crying like a little girl with no damage lol.

Here are some hog charging videos from youtube not my own. All eight that charged me died before they got to me.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That'll make your hairs stand on end.

Wassman

Houston, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
And this is why I always have my 1911 on my side. In open carry and ready to bark 11 rounds of fire. But just having the side arm isn't enough, lots of practice needs to be done too.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
It happens so fast! I've had three that literally slid to a stop at my feet. Two of those charged from about 60 yards. I had time for three shots with an AR before they were on me. They don't always stop when their hit ya know!

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
lol@ he bit me he bit me...well if you had hit him, good grief. Talk about a mag dump, that is all I could think of doing!

rgilbert

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I've only had one charge so far. I had a nice boar on camera for about a month. I went out about midnight ALONE. I'm a dumb a-s. When I cleared the house I could see him about 200 yards away just a rooting and having a good time. I figured I would get closer, so I took off walking towards him. The wind was right, but I forgot about the full moon. About 100 yards out he started walking away. I kept following him and he disapeared under some low hanging tree limbs. I did not think to turn on my IR light to look under the limbs. About 25 yards out I hear a LOUD grunt followed by teeth popping. He came right at me. Mag dump completed and he ran off to my right. I was screaming like a little girl. My NV was still on my helmet and I didn't have a laser at that time. Since then I have put a laser on the rifle. I took a buddy up the following week and he set up on him. During that time he was coming in right at 10pm. At 10 strait up he walked in and took a bullet. We found him the next morning. 254 pounds with 3" cutters. He is currently #14 in tusk class.

Cliff\'s Big hog.jpg

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Here is another interesting one. At the end hes shooting way to close to his hunting partner for me.

rgilbert

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
That was way to close to his partner. In all of the excitement and looking through the scope he probably didn't see him. That could have been a tradedy. When we go out, we alway have a don't shoot area unless someone is getting hurt. Then it's game on.

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
This is why we usually sit in tree stands. Pigs can't climb trees lol

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yeah, nothing like walking around my lease at night without NV, quite an experience! Lease owner was tripped by a gator crossing the road/trail in the middle of the night, almost knocked him off his feet!

JamesB74

LSB Member
That last video was nuts. That guy had no muzzle awareness. Not only did he almost shoot him. He muzzle swept him several times after. Especially after being all amped up.

coondog

LSB Member
That last vid was crazy. that hog was on that shooter in seconds. if a shooter shot rounds that close to me? I would have broke his nose with the butt stock of my gun.

Last week I was checking out some Pigman vids. In one episode a bow hunter wounded a hog, The hog charged and the pigman dumped a Browning high power on the hog and put it down. It was down after the third round but in pigman fashion he dumped the mag. LOL. I like to hunt alone. never had a hog charge me yet, but had a few run real close past me. I guess it's just a matter of time before a charge happens. Wearing snake boots may not be a bad idea for protection against a hog bite or there nasty tusk.

coondog

LSB Member
That would be pretty cool if you could do that. That guy is crazy. I don't have TV but watched every show and some of them twice on my computer.

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Holly CRAP. I think I would dump a mag on him. Easy to say with 20/20 hind sight. Lucky it was only a bite no infection?

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yikes (last vid) !! If I were his hunting buddy, that'd be the last time we'd've hunted together !