Hog and close call

desmond

"runnin' with sasquatch"
Shot this hog on Saturday. A heavy wooded area that I have carved an ATV trail for access. I ride until I see something, hop off and stalk. Now for the close call. At a family get together of around 20 people in a remote location. A 223 bullet came through the side of the house (single-wide) went downward thru the bedroom door and lodged in the bathroom door frame, the house was full of people. Some in the den thought that the cat in the bedroom had made a noise but did not investigate. The bullet hole was found in the morning by someone that had a suitcase on the floor that got particles from the wall on it. The shot had to carry a long way and make it through heavy oak trees without getting deflected to get to the house. Lots of hunters in the area, and most everyone agreed that it was an errant shot..Scary.

Attachments

• DSCN2134.JPG
    DSCN2134.JPG
    295.4 KB · Views: 16

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
WOW!! That is scary! Glad no one was in harms way. Nice hog by the way!! BANG BANG!!

Andrew Wallace

LSB Member
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
That is no bueno!

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Glad to hear everyone was safe!!

Jhop

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
This reminds me of Monday morning FOD walks. Basically every Monday morning we're required to walk the flight line looking for Foreign Object Debris(FOD). We'll line up and sweep the entire flight. Couple times after the 4th of July or New Years eve we'll find bullets laying on the flight line after someone fired them up into the air and they have come down on the concrete flight line.