Ho Lee Bat Stuff - what is this !!??

wigwamitus

LSB Active Member
Was looking for pvs-14 collimator and found one ... but also found a bunch of stuff like this ... TPL stuff ... a thermal dot scope for a few hundred beans? Why don't we need some of those !!??

http://www.opticsplanet.com/torrey-....com/V2/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/t10_2.pngp

T10™ | Torrey Pines Logic, Inc.

Oh and here is the pvs-14 collimator I had been originally hunting for ...

torrey_pines_logic_tp_h_zl_pvs14_universal_riflescope_to_pvs14_1426188958000_1123548.jpg

Torrey Pines Logic Zero Lens Riflescope to PVS-14 TP-H-ZL-PVS14

Any body ever heard of TPL? Another Chinese bunch?

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Product description for these thermal imagers do not have aiming capabilities, like a standard red dot sight. If I read it correctly, it's function is to simply view something offering a heat signature.

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I have one. It serves as a very affordable way to see something hot. It could be used as cheaper option for a handheld thermal spotting scope. Photos are of the Tory Pines T10 compared to am Eotech EXPS3 and my dog at 8 feet and the camera 3" from the screen.

Attachments

• 20151120_213925.jpg
    20151120_213925.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 16
  • 20151120_213943.jpg
    20151120_213943.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 17
  • 20151120_214259.jpg
    20151120_214259.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 21

wigwamitus

LSB Active Member
Well that would explain the low cost - the words "ideal for hunters" threw me off ... but ok ... it is a FLIR Lepton core! That's the low end of the low end! But does this have a spot between the iphone thermal and the pulsar HD19a ?

t12_rangeApp2.png

If nothing else, the PVS-14 collimator might be useful - I'd never heard of any of this TPL stuff before tonight ... I'll look around and see if anyone else has heard of it ...

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Well that would explain the low cost - the words "ideal for hunters" threw me off ... but ok ... it is a FLIR Lepton core! That's the low end of the low end! But does this have a spot between the iphone thermal and the pulsar HD19a ?

t12_rangeApp2.png

If nothing else, the PVS-14 collimator might be useful - I'd never heard of any of this TPL stuff before tonight ... I'll look around and see if anyone else has heard of it ...

Talk to ******** at *******************. He knows more about them.

rgilbert

LSB Active Member
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I have three of them for sale if you are interested.

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
have you not been to my website?

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
If you need fleet communications with your nuclear submarine I can get you that also

wigwamitus

LSB Active Member
... If you need fleet communications with your nuclear submarine I can get you that also ...

Aye, Aye! I saw that on the TPL web site - added to wish list - that will be VERY useful !!! ;)

Last edited:

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
three t-10s are on the way already

JPK

LSB Active Member
Talk about an all terrain hog hunting vehicle! Thermal, NV, couple of belt Feds for sounders out in the open, and for when they get into the forest you have the bush buster 120mm....

wigwamitus

LSB Active Member
Went out with T10 on pic rail of bushy 4.5. This is the 9hz, 2x, 25 degree FOV version, which is stated to have a detection distance of 120m (132yds). I could see all our buildings just fine, they are all within 100yds of where I was generally standing. But there were no creatures hot enough and large enough to be visible. I was running it on green hot, which seems to be easiest on my eyes. I will coax wife to come out with me tomorrow for some better max distance testing. As to the 9hz, you might think "yuck" but actually I can't tell that it isn't 60hz, even when scanning. And I can see the all the buildings which range from 10yds to 80yds from where I was standing. If somehow there was zero light, I could maneuver with the T10, I'd go slowly, but I could maneuver.

I might try mounting one of the T10 on .308WIN bolt gun and shooting the DB18A1B1, 10gr, 4000fps ammo as it is very low recoil. But I should be able to tell if I can use the "peep sight" thingy well enough to get on paper at 25yds aiming at a hand warmer. If I can, then I can move forward from there. I don't have a tactical shotgun with a rail, so I can't test it on a shotgun.

==

The bushy 4.5 doesn't do well in vegetation as the ir light bounces off the vegetation and washes out the view.

==

Will try again tomorrow night with the T10, when I can get wife out there.

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter