High Caliber Gun Show Purchase

TXCOONDOG

Highlands, Texas
Went up to GRBC(Houston). Met Wassman today and he is a super nice guy, helpful, etc and I wish him the best!

While I was there, I picked up a Sig P938, Blackout with night sights.

It just felt good in my hands, like the quality of it, big enough to handle in a pinch and small enough to drop in the pocket.

Now time to clean it and get lots of range time and yes I know, range pics ....lol

Last edited:

Froggerzack

Diana, TX (East TX)
yes the p938 is gonna be my next pistol just biding my time until then. oh if you don't mind how much was it? btw I love my p238 .380

Wassman

Houston, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Always nice to meet fellow members in person and txcoondog is a great guy.

TXCOONDOG

Highlands, Texas
yes the p938 is gonna be my next pistol just biding my time until then. oh if you don't mind how much was it? btw I love my p238 .380

$604 which I thought was a decent price considering the times.

Love the all metal lower and the cell picture doesn't do the sights justice.

What holster do you use for the P238?

Last edited:

Froggerzack

Diana, TX (East TX)
That's a good price! Even Academy sells them for over 700. I use a tagua owb belt slide for mine. conceals easily under a t shirt. I'll post some pics after i get back off vacation.

Wassman

Houston, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That's a good price! Even Academy sells them for over 700. I use a tagua owb belt slide for mine. conceals easily under a t shirt. I'll post some pics after i get back off vacation.
That is about what I sell them for too. But didn't have any instock when TXCOONDOG came by. Although I did have the 380 version and kinda turned him into the 9mm version since they are about the same size.

TXCOONDOG

Highlands, Texas
That is about what I sell them for too. But didn't have any instock when TXCOONDOG came by. Although I did have the 380 version and kinda turned him into the 9mm version since they are about the same size.

My wife is eyeballing mine and if she handles it well then I'll be a calling ;)

Froggerzack

Diana, TX (East TX)
ResizedImage_1372125545485_zps678382f5.jpg

IMG_20130624_205124_079_zpsbb79f154.jpg

IMG_20130624_205314_518_zpse260a737.jpg

IMG_20130624_205421_931_zps1e47ed16.jpg

IMG_20130624_205440_741_zps0dadb4f1.jpg

TXCOONDOG

Highlands, Texas
I went to the gun range this morning, got setup at 7yds, squeezed off 21 rounds, and to my surprise (no notices posted) the mowing mainenance crew showed up and the session was over.

Ammo: Rem UMC 9mm, 115 Gr , FMJ
Function: No problems whatsoever but only got 21 rounds fired so no real test
Center Mass Grouping: 4" low but managed a 2" group with no adjustments made

First impressions:

All metal construction (except trigger) perfect size & weight combo(16oz unloaded) for my small hands (I'm 5' 7" @ 167lbs),full size sights are sweet, 6.5 lb single action trigger pull (smooth with no creep) and will be easy to conceal for everyday carry.

Conclusion:

No jumping around in my hand, absolutely felt no pain when firing and can handle this pistol as well as any of my compacts or full size (actually started off better than any of them) pistols, and did I mention that I love the full size Sig sights.

Need to put 1000 rounds through her before I can give my overall opinion,etc

I'll report back any failures or dislikes, etc as time goes on , but as of now; I like it!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Congrats... always nice to have a new gun in the herd !

TXCOONDOG

Highlands, Texas
I ordered a CTLG, LG-492 (fits both P238 &P938) which I received today:

I had to cut out a 1"x1" square from the wrap around rubber grip in order for the LG activation pad to fit. This was easy and only took a razor blade (a sharp knife can be used too) to cut the semi-soft rubber grip.

The lasergaurd does take up a little room under the trigger gaurd where I grip, but I still can grip the pistol with all three fingers firmly.

I haven't made it to the gun range yet. However, I want to use it a while before giving my overall opinion of fit and function.

PS: Excuse the bad cell pics

Last edited:

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Is that a pressure switch (for the middle finger) to activate the laser?

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
A definite plus. I like that about my Crimson Trace grips too. It would've been NICE if S&W would've done something smart like that for their Bodyguard offerings. Requires a fine motor skill to activate.

TXCOONDOG

Highlands, Texas
I think so. I've had a CT laser grip(palm grip activated) on my Mark III target pistol since 2007(never had a problem of failure and just replaced the battery last year for peace of mind) . It sure made it easier to shoot out coons in the top of the trees when hunting by myself at night.

My thoughts on the P938 with Laser are:

1. Great training tool for dry firing trigger work.
2. It will also allow me to focus on more than one threat if approach by a gang, etc.
3. I will train with the open sights as my primary weekly and check the CTLG zero about once a month.

Last edited: