Hi from NSW, Australia.

Cazz

US Army Veteran, Hunting Addict
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Hi there!

Rappland

LSB Member
Hi Sidelight. I hear about some restrictive gun laws there but I chat with some guys the shoot 6.5 Creedmoors. How's that apply to you?

Sidelight

LSB Member
Hi Sidelight. I hear about some restrictive gun laws there but I chat with some guys the shoot 6.5 Creedmoors. How's that apply to you?

Pistols take a bit of hoop jumping to acquire, but not too bad. Pump action and semi auto shotguns are in a licence category that's hard to get, so pretty rare. Semi automatic rim fire is in the same category. Semi automatic centre fire is restricted to contract shooters, so very rare too. No folding stocks. No suppressors, except for an even smaller group of contract shooters. Could be worse, could be a heap better.

As a LEO I find that gun crime is very low, I am outside of the city though. Most criminals that have guns acquire them as payment for drugs, they use them mostly to stand over people for debts, not so much to use them for crimes against everyday people. It's not unheard of for them to turn them on Police, buts its fortunately very rare.

Rappland

LSB Member
Sounds like it's not too bad. Like you said, could be worse. So will you be doing the hoop jump to get thermal?

Sidelight

LSB Member
Thermal is fairly well available in Oz, and the Pulsar stuff isn't marked up over US prices, so pretty sweet. So yeah I'm definitely either going for a Pulsar Apex or Trail XQ. Next step is to see if I can get a commercial licence for an AR15. Then I'll be just like the Texas blokes! ;)

Cazz

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Pistols take a bit of hoop jumping to acquire, but not too bad. Pump action and semi auto shotguns are in a licence category that's hard to get, so pretty rare. Semi automatic rim fire is in the same category. Semi automatic centre fire is restricted to contract shooters, so very rare too. No folding stocks. No suppressors, except for an even smaller group of contract shooters. Could be worse, could be a heap better.

As a LEO I find that gun crime is very low, I am outside of the city though. Most criminals that have guns acquire them as payment for drugs, they use them mostly to stand over people for debts, not so much to use them for crimes against everyday people. It's not unheard of for them to turn them on Police, buts its fortunately very rare.

What is a "contract shooter?"

Cazz

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Someone paid by a government agency or private land holder to cull animals, done by contracts. As you can imagine, pretty desirable job.
My dream job in retirement....

chthump

LSB Member
"Pump action and semi auto shotguns are in a licence category that's hard to get, so pretty rare. Semi automatic rim fire is in the same category. Semi automatic centre fire is restricted to contract shooters, so very rare too. No folding stocks. No suppressors"

That's sad.