Hi from Hawaii

Hunting Hawaii

Hi everyone, new to the forum but very familiar to Lone Star Boars from YouTube. I'm from Hawaii and live here and am married to a girl from Texas and get over to Dallas and College Station a couple times a year. I trap hogs with a friend here for work. Looking forward to hanging out here.

scrmblr1982cj8

LSB Active Member
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Welcome!

Ignore DJ - he is having issues with his multiple personalities!

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Welcome!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Welcome to the fray !!! Which island? I'm acquainted with a feller on the Big Island who does quite a bit of hog hunting in avocado orchards. That must be some amazingly delicious meat on those beasties!! Have family who live on Maui as well.

Hunting Hawaii

Welcome to the fray !!! Which island? I'm acquainted with a feller on the Big Island who does quite a bit of hog hunting in avocado orchards. That must be some amazingly delicious meat on those beasties!! Have family who live on Maui as well.
Cool! I am on the Big Island on the Kona side

D

djones

howdy 2H. you've got some serious pigs over there.

don't mind scram. he means well. whatever you do, don't take shooting lessons from him. his last trainee got a black eye.

lesson.jpg

scrmblr1982cj8

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
howdy 2H. you've got some serious pigs over there.

don't mind scram. he means well. whatever you do, don't take shooting lessons from him. his last trainee got a black eye.

View attachment 4970

Unfortunately, that's very true!

About three weeks ago, several of the doctors I work with and I got together to do some shooting. One of the doctors proudly proclaimed that he was very proficient with weapons, since he got to shoot machine guns, grenade launchers, and an M-16 while in basic training in the Navy. The first gun we shot was my Savage 338 Lappula magnum with my Harvester suppressor. This doctor volunteers to be the first want to shoot it. He's not excepting any of the pointers that I'm giving him so I say "fine" and move behind him. He pulls the trigger, and I hear the steel gong down range. I move around beside him, and I see that he is woozy as he stands out from the shooting bench. Immediately I see a crescent shaped cut above his right eye. The next thing I know, blood is pouring down his face. He's looking like he got punched by Tyson! We help him sit down, and immediately the sarcasm and I told you so's set in for him. We end up super glueing his cut shut.

He did not want to shoot a scoped rifle the rest of the day. He wouldn't shoot my 6.5 or my 223. He asked us to keep quiet about it, but that was useless. As soon as he got into the operating room on Monday, the vultures were upon him! Everyone who ever shot a gun was giving him crap. His first patient in clinic on Tuesday was a hunter. First thing out of the patient's mouth was "you got scoped!" He had 5 patients that noticed he got scoped.

Moral of the story - don't do something stupid and expect me to keep my mouth shut!

Jake

Bandera, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter

Cazz

US Army Veteran, Hunting Addict
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Hi there! Welcome to the crazy.