Help with form 1.

Discussion in 'NFA/CLASS 3 ITEMS OTHER THAN SUPPRESSORS' started by Arnold Galvan, Jun 2, 2015.

1. Arnold Galvan

Arnold Galvan Mckinney, Texas

My Cousin was filling out his form 1 online and when he clicks on PAY, it sends him right back to the begining and has to start all over. Anyone else have this problem? We tried using two different browers as well (Chrome and Mozilla).

Thanks
    Arnold

2. RattlesnakeDan

RattlesnakeDan San Antonio Texas LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY SUS VENATOR CLUB LoneStarBoars Supporter

You need to pack your stuff tonight in the dark and leave the country immediately. Don't ask why, just go. ssshhhh.

Lancer and Arnold Galvan like this.
  3. hdfireman

hdfireman Blackstone Arms SUS VENATOR CLUB LoneStarBoars Supporter Vendor

It is probably an issue with the E-forms, I've seen it do that before.

4. RattlesnakeDan

RattlesnakeDan San Antonio Texas LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY SUS VENATOR CLUB LoneStarBoars Supporter

Oh, well..... then forget my earlier advice.

5. Arnold Galvan

Thanks guys, he will try again today.

6. theblakester

theblakester Got a black belt in keeping it real. LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY SUS VENATOR CLUB LoneStarBoars Supporter

I'm with dan. The decepticons are conspiring with the Feds! Save yourself!

7. rob072770

rob072770 Lewisville NC SUS VENATOR CLUB LoneStarBoars Supporter

I have to use chrome. Got My last one in 6 weeks that was 2 months a go. Make sure he saves as he fills out.

Arnold Galvan likes this.
  8. hdfireman

I'm going on 7 weeks for my last one submitted.

9. rob072770

I think the time is getting longer people are worried that trusts are going to go away.

10. Arnold Galvan

Update: Cousin went to a local gun store so he could use their computer and he had the same problem. Even though he has his trust broken out into several files, I really think the problem is when he is trying to upload his trust to the website.

Told him to just mail the form.

11. wigwamitus

wigwamitus LSB Active Member

Not sure whether to start a new thread or try to locate all eForm 1 questions in one place. I will try the latter.

==
    So I've done three form 4s, but this is my first eForm 1. I've entered my data and saved it! Now it is time to upload my trust. I am converting it from 1 file per page, to one PDF file. The way I store my trust, is I attach the form 4s to the rear of it. But maybe the ATF doesn't want it that way!? So, has anyone else uploaded their previous stamp forms as a part of their trust or NOT ??

==
    I also lucked out. I was thinking a Mk18 clone had a 10.5 inch barrel ... and my template right now says 10.4 minimum barrel length, but I managed to check first and see the DD "Mk18" has a 10.3 inch barrel, so I will have to go back and shave another .2 inches off my minimum length. I don't have a plan to get such a short upper, but don't want to have to refile if I change my mind.

Is there a standard amount we should add for the overall length?

The lower I am trying to SBR has a milspec carbine buffer tube and stock and measures 15.25 inches from the rear of the stock (collapsed) to the front of the receiver, so I am adding 14 inches to the barrel length hoping I will be safe. So 10.2 + 14 = 24.2 so going with that as my minimum overall length.

All insight welcome!

12. wigwamitus

Hum, can't log on to the eform site this morning ... getting these errors ...

I guess they are down !!!
    :)
    (looks like they deployed some changes that are causing access issues - even the gubertment needs to test their software !!!)

13. wigwamitus

Well the ATF figured out the eform site is down!! Good on them!

I keep worrying I will do something wrong and truck loads of people will show up and my door to discuss! So I try to be careful !!!
    But ATF computer people seem to be like most and they have their issues also :)

14. hdfireman

Take a current rifle you have with a 16" barrel and measure it's total length then subtract the # of inches you are going to shorter from 16". Keeps from guessin and just throwing numbers out there

Send just your trust and not all the other forms you have.

When you form 1 an AR you must keep its original configuration or at least have the originally configured barrel length. If you file a 10.5" barrel but want to run a 8", 9" or 10" barreled upper you must have that 10.5" configuration with you.

I know 10.5 and 10.3 is splitting hairs, I'm just telling you the law.

wigwamitus likes this.
  15. Wassman

Wassman Houston, Texas SUS VENATOR CLUB LoneStarBoars Supporter

Just as a disclaimer getting legal advise from any internet forum can be risky, the information may be incorrect. Just wanted to throw that out there.

I have done a number if F1's.

First my list of items attached to my trust is transmitted in a schedule E, which is updated every time a stamp is added to my trust.

As for measurements, I use the method hdfireman mentioned above. Although all stocks have different lengths, so to muzzle devises. So I take those two times into account and if possible install them, then minus the number of inches for the barrel.

As for running different barrel lengths on a single registered lower I have heard a bunch of different versions. One being you can only run what is on your F1, also what hdfireman mentioned, and the you can always run longer but never shorter than what is on your F1.

Personally I do not care to mess with this and just stick with a single length, figured that is the safest if it ever becomes a question mark. Some of those other versions may be right, but I don't care to push it.

FYI currently F1's are taking about 4 months for approval. The days of 2-3 weeks have not reappeared.

wigwamitus likes this.
  16. wigwamitus

Aye, thanks!

01 - I will hunt for "schedule E" ...

02 - As to file upload issues others reported, I found an "instruction" page for eforms! And it has some clues ...

Funny thing is I spent an hour this morning pulling my single page files into one PDF ... and that PDF is 5.4 megs ... so too large! So I will have to split it into two parts.

03 - As to MULTI cal use of an SBR ... here is what the eform 1 instructions say on the ATF site:

Of course even these words do not provide a "definitive" answer ... words such as "In certain instances ... " can only be clarified by reading the law and studying all applicable cases and their outcomes etc. IAW by being an experienced NFA lawyer! My process has been (a) read the law, (b) ask a bunch of people who are experienced (3 or more rarely agree) and then decide what to do.

==

My current upper is 5.56 14.5 inch but has P&W muzzle device. As I seem to be changing the MD every few months, I finally decided to SBR the lower, so I do not have to P&W. New AAC mini will have its own MD.

17. Hard_ware

Hard_ware Here piggy piggy! Deep Deep S. TX.

Schedule E refers to his trust , if your has one then OK.
    My trust has a schedule A.
    Which if a schedule is noted on the trust it must be included.

18. rob072770

Email them and ask all the questions. Mine were answered in a day to two. Even had they call me with an answer the lady I spoke with was most helpful.

19. Hard_ware

Hard_ware Here piggy piggy! Deep Deep S. TX.

Make a PDF for each page of your trust so the size limit will not be exceded 30MB, some trusts have schedules with property listed on them.
    If your trust was written with a schedule a,b,c,d what ever name it is called it must be included. If your trust does not mention a schedule or attachment then you don't need to send one. I have only done a few form 1's but have not had any problems.

20. wigwamitus

My trust has 11 pages, and 10 files is the limit, so I will just split into 2 files. I have one schedule and that is the "schedule of property" and I will include that. I finally got ready to try again yesterday, but the eform system has its scheduled down time every Wednesday :D ... will try again today.