Helo Hog Hunt "The sequel"

ppapago

Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I went on a helo hunt back in May and it was so much fun I just couldn't wait to do it again and my dad's birthday gave me the perfect excuse to book another one. It is a month earlier than his birthday but I am sure he will get over it:).

We gotta make sure we do this before the rice gets cut down and before dove season starts so we are heading back to El Campo Texas on the 12th to rain down some lead.

Watch this space for exciting, suspenseful, and all around kick ass video. Stay Tuned...

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Waiting ,,

When I was a kid, there was another kid at summer camp (every year) that had some challenges. His dad had beat his mother while she was carrying him (or something to that affect). Anyhow... he's never been "right". Anywho... one summer, my dad volunteered to have him over for a week or so (after camp). One evening, the three of us were sittin' 'round playing a board game... and Donnie was apt to proclaim: "WAITING !!" when he wanted you to hurry up with taking your turn. Not wanting to be left out... he'd also proclaim: "WAITING !!!" when he was taking too long for HIS turn. That became a family joke for years afterwards.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
WAITING!!

ppapago

Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Just a little tease...

Still got 10 days left. I am prepared this time. No more worrying about the camera battery running out again because I bought 3 more to swap out. So no missed footage this time due to crappy battery life from my Contour camera. Also got a helmet mount for my Ops Core so I can do different camera angles.

We are gonna get a Go Pro and see if there is a way to mount it inside the helicopter for over the shoulder action. So if all goes well this will be a primo filming shoot.

Oh and I will be splitting time between my 5.56 and 6.8 SBR w/ Gold Dots. Probably swap the weapons when we refuel. So we will see if the 6.8 kills as well from the air as it does from ground level.

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
that should be some fun, love watching video's on the helo hunts...

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I can loan you a go pro with suction cup mount and extended battery pack. Even if you get one the more cameras recording the better!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
What A Guy !

ppapago

Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Lawman, thats a hell of a gesture. I can meet you somewhere or perhaps mail it and I of course would pay you for the fees. Whichever works best for you sir.

Three cameras would provide some killer footage. This is much appreciated!

ppapago

Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
We just got done with the hunt and are getting grub at the local Denny's.

The hunt was not nearly as good as the last time. Only about 15-20 hogs in 2 hours of flight time.

We had a group of about 25 hogs that just refused to leave the brush towards the end of the hunt. Sneaky beasts would just hide out and wait for us to pass then take off the other direction. Too bad because we could've seriously padded our kill count if the hogs would have cooperated.

Ill have the footage uploaded sometime tonight or tomorrow.

Aspp

Central California
SUS VENATOR CLUB
WAITING!!!

Shooter

Bedford, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
they are sneaky little buggers. that is what makes it fun.

What area do you hunt in !

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I guess they cannot find hogs all the time and bust them into the open but after paying 2 hrs flight time I would be very disappointed w 15-20 hogs.

ppapago

Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I guess they cannot find hogs all the time and bust them into the open but after paying 2 hrs flight time I would be very disappointed w 15-20 hogs.

It's just a roll of the dice when hunting, even heli hunting. The last time I did this we got 50-60 in just under 3 hours, but that was in May with much cooler weather and the pilot admitted that 50-60 kills is nowhere near the norm.

Granted if that group of 25 hogs had left the cover of those trees we would be signing a much different song. The trees were surrounded by flat wide open pasture so we could've added another 10-15 kills to the total. That's the way it goes sometimes.

I just reviewed the footage and while their were fewer kills this time around. The footage in my opinion is much much better. Many barrel rolls and face splats using the 90 gr Gold Dots.

Oh and a big thank you to Texaslawman for letting me borrow the his GoPro camera. It survived being mounted outside the helicopter... I was a little nervous thinking I was gonna have to buy him a brand spanking new one! But nope it's all good and in one piece.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Very good news looking forward to the video! I've heard from several sources now that the hogs have figured out the helicopters and will not break heavy cover anymore. They are adapting again.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That was FUN!