Helmet decision

Lisagrantb

Trying to decide on a helmet for my pvs14 while hog hunting. I am currently using my issued ballistic helmet and the biggest downfall is weight and it's bulky. I don't plan on running a bunch of stuff on it, maybe a small light and I don't really need any head protection either. I've been looking at the Opscore BASE jump or even a clone one and the Crye precision nightcap. What are your thoughts on this.

Oh, I have a small head 6 7/8 hat size and it's hard to get helmets/hats to fit correctly.

Thanks

Lisagrantb

I agree that TW is a great helmet. I just don't know if I will get $100 more out of it than an Opscore or Crye. I'll probably use it ~30 times a year but I believe in the buy once cry once, so, more decisions.

rgilbert

LSB Active Member
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I have/had an Opscore clone. I hunted in pain for with it for several years. I finally broke down and bought a TW from Aaron. That has been the best investment I've ever made. That thing is super comfortable and I have a size 7 head. The rear adjustment makes it snug without being two tight. I would highly recommend the TW.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
They have a lighter Back Country helmet for under 200.00