Hello from Weatherford, TX

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Welcome, tell us about your land and setup!

tx300winmag

Have had lease outside of Turkey TX lots of hogs could shoot all day!! After the second year that was all the game you saw on the place was hogs. Had a lease outside of Lipan TX shot some nice deer and several hogs. Purchased some property outside of DeKalb TX lots of hogs (150 acres) sold due to flooding, 12 feet of what covering the property a bit much. Purchased 95 acres in Young county have owned for a year, have 4 timed feeders running year round feeding twice a day. Have two bow/pistol stands setup one on a feeder one in a seasonal creek bed. Two of the feeder have pens around them to keep the hogs off want to provide equal importunity for other animals. Have taken several hogs off of the property. We built a corral pen to try and catch hogs. The quit coming in the pen once I put the gate on it. Found out from the TPW Biologist that a local rancher uses similar setup on his property. Took the gate out and they will come in it. Smart pigs. Its a small place but is great for my wife and two daughters to hunt and spend time with me. We hunt birds and small game as well as deer and hogs. Really enjoy getting to spend time in the outdoors with my girls. We enjoy the outdoors and shooting together as a family. Have not had much time to hunt recently, work is getting in the way. My dad is on a 3500 acre lease in Comanche county lots of hogs when the hunting pressure is not to bad.

Try hunting at night but once it gets dark I have a hard time staying awake!! I like 30 caliber rifles, recently purchased a Sig 716 w/ Bushnell 3x12-40 really enjoy this rifle have not got to take it hunting yet. My oldest daughter hunts with a Win 30-06 w/ Leupold 3x9-50, wife uses a Savage 308, I hunt with a Ruger 300winmag w/ Leupold 3x9-50. Really like to hunt with a bow and pistol. Have shot 3 hogs with pistol (Ruger Black Hawk 44mag) got a 500 s&w mag for Christmas hoping to use it. .

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Cool, lots of experience there, look around the tips and tricks to learn more and share your knowledge! I am getting older so night hunting w/o a partner and sleep getting in the way makes it not what I do the most, so can feel for you. Great to hunt w the kids and wife, I love hearing about it!

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Hey Tx300 look in the vendor section at Ident, pretty cool stuff to make night hunting exciting!

Shooter

Bedford, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Welcome aboard. If you get the itch for night hunting let me know and I will bring my gear and show it to you if you are in the Commanche cty area. Thermal. Several PVS-14 and different helmet set ups. Suppressors and SBR. Look at it before you even think about it-I have wasted a lot of money, but have good gear now. Just an offer and being retired I have nothing else to do anyway. I only shoot pigs-nothing else unless a snake shows up!!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Welcome to the fray.

dehoganator

LSB Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Hey , welcome your so lucky to live purdy close to possum kingdom.