HELLO from Virginia!

GarlandH

LoneStarBoars Supporter
I've been watching TLM's videos for years over at the 68 site. Never knew there was a group over here until last night! I got in on the group Six8 buy a couple of years ago and have popped a few deer with it here in VA. It now sports a can and I hope to use it in December to shoot a hog or two. The AR platform shooting this round is very impressive. As a result, I have built a few for friends.

My wife's company is based in Dallas so we go there from time to time. We met in Dallas and lived there in the 80s. While she is in meetings, I try to meet up with old friends and shoot out at the Elm Fork range or we have a crow shoot, or two, near a pecan grove. Their Christmas party is the second weekend in December this year and I will be tagging along again. For something different, I was hoping to get in on a hog hunt somewhere, preferably a night hunt. Can anyone recommend who I can contact in the Dallas area for a hunt? I don't necessarily need overnight accommodations or pampering.

Thanks in advance,
Garland

hdfireman

Blackstone Arms
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Glad to have ya Sir!! Lots of good folks here and shoot me a PM when you're in the Dallas area.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Welcome to yaz... don't recognize you user name from over there.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Welcome to LSB

GarlandH

LoneStarBoars Supporter
Ratdog, for the first time on any forum I decided to use my real name. I'm Slipperhead over at 68 and we've done business before.

BTW, my poor pig counter would probably be stuck at 6 or 8. We just don't have many here in VA.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Ratdog, for the first time on any forum I decided to use my real name. I'm Slipperhead over at 68 and we've done business before.

BTW, my poor pig counter would probably be stuck at 6 or 8. We just don't have many here in VA.
Ok, I recognize that handle.

I hear ya, no hogs (four-legged variety) up my way either. Gotta enjoy it vicariously here.

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
howdy

and welcome