Hello from Newfoundland, Pa

jeffrey yohe

I just purchased an LWRC SIX8 A5 and I am interested in learning about everyone's experience with this round. Additionally, I am new at reloading so I would absorb as much as I can about reloading the 6.8 SPC II.

Thank you.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Welcome to the fray. In addition to input from here, you can also garner additional information from 68forums.com

jeffrey yohe

Welcome to the fray. In addition to input from here, you can also garner additional information from 68forums.com
Thanks Ratdog. I been looking at that link as well. Quick question from a newbie re-loader: I just purchased the RCBS 6.8mmx43 SPC SB T/C Die set and was wonder everyone's take on this; is there something better out there? Also, what is your recommended combo for reloading (brass, primer, powder, and bullet). This of course would be for hogs and deer. Thank you.

J BAR K

Just trying to make a day.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Welcome from Northeast Texas!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Thanks Ratdog. I been looking at that link as well. Quick question from a newbie re-loader: I just purchased the RCBS 6.8mmx43 SPC SB T/C Die set and was wonder everyone's take on this; is there something better out there? Also, what is your recommended combo for reloading (brass, primer, powder, and bullet). This of course would be for hogs and deer. Thank you.
Once you ask for opinions, you're asking for very subjective input. Some like short base dies, some like full length dies. Some like micro adjustability. For brass, Federal brass is generally going to have primer pockets in need of extra work, due to the primers being done differently (crimped). Most of the 6.8 crowd prefer small rifle primer, rather than large rifle primer. Currently, many seem to favor the Sellier & Bellot brass for longevity and capacity. For bullets larger than 90 grain, most seem to have a liking for AA2200, for 90/smaller, Re7 seems to be a favorite. If you're going to reload, take a serious look at the Cavity Back Bullets (Vendor on 68forums). For hogs (cheaper), many are liking the Hornady 120 SST ammo. I've shot mostly SSA ammo, and have had no complaints with quality/accuracy. I would NOT advise factory loaded Remington ammo for the 6.8. It's reputation is to be very weak, and they've had some serious QC issues with the bullets (non-concentric) in times passed, as well as being the less favored (by most) LRP. As for loads, start with the book's suggestions and carefully work up from there.

slim_shady

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Welcome. As happy as I am with my new 6.8 I wish I didn’t sell my LWRC. I use a standard rcbs die set. Got silver state armory brass in a bulk can. Run 85 gr barnes mpg bullets and use accurate 1680 powder. Oh and cci 41 primers. Welcome and happy hunting.