Hello from Idaho

Discussion in 'New Member Intros!' started by John336, Jun 15, 2018.

1. John336

John336 New Member

Hi guys,

I’ve been reading everything I can here to get up to speed on thermals. I really appreciate the knowledge here!

As a side thing/fun I’m an “agent” of several ranches around here which removes any and all game regulations, allowing me to hunt predators in any way I choose (I choose night). The ranches here have lost cattle to dogs, coyotes, and wolves each year so they pay me a small fee for any canine taken from their fields (99% coyotes). It’s open pastures so several hundred yard shots are the norm.

I’m doing well with a D790 night vision scope but you guys have convinced me that I’ll bag more with thermal, so that’s my goal. Thanks!

2. Chopperdrvr

Chopperdrvr Deep East Tx SUS VENATOR CLUB

Welcome to the group.

3. scrmblr1982cj8

scrmblr1982cj8 LSB Active Member LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY LoneStarBoars Supporter

4. Whosure

Whosure LSB Member LoneStarBoars Supporter

For info on thermals from a hands on perspective you need to send a PM to TEXASLAWMAN he has alot of experience you might find useful in deciding what model/features you need or want. Welcome to the party!

5. der Teufel

der Teufel Livin' the Dream … SUS VENATOR CLUB

Good luck on your future hunts. Thermal certainly give better options at night.