Hello from Bandera

Jake

Bandera, Texas
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Hey everyone I've been reading lots of useful info on this site, many thanks. I've been shooting pigs since age 7 but am now putting the Qbeams/Stingers away and using night vision. I can't believe what I've been missing all these years. Currently using an ATN dnvm 2 with streamlight long range ir illuminator for spotting and a Sightmark Photon xt for shooting. I'm starting to research pvs-14s so I'm sure I'll have some ?s coming for yall. Thanks for having me! -Jake

Last edited:

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Welcome to ya. Good crew here.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Welcome aboard Jake. I am in Adkins area, just across town. I don't have NV but there are plenty here who do!

Lancer

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Welcome!

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Welcome!! some of my best friends live in Bandera, great area!

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Welcome aboard Jake. Wish I was in Bandera, love that area.

Jake

Bandera, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Thanks for the big welcome guys! I'm new to the forum thing. How do I add a profile pic? It keeps telling me I don't have permission to access when I click on it.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Funny you post and my buddy from Bandera calls and he hopped on his bike and will be here tomorrow! Thanks!!

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Thanks for the big welcome guys! I'm new to the forum thing. How do I add a profile pic? It keeps telling me I don't have permission to access when I click on it.
I think you have to become a member, I believe it's like $20/ year. Then you get a fancy red flag that says member by your name and a chance to win one million dollars. Ok, maybe not, but you do get a fancy banner.

Galveston340

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
....Welcome to our group! Darn good bunch of pig slayers here!

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Welcome. I was just in your area and absolutely love the hill country. I haven't seen so many deer in broad daylight in my life. Over 200 in 2 days of riding around.

Aaron at Night Combat Solutions a call. He has been very helpful. Give him a ring. I'm open to questions too. I'm not an expert by any means, but have lots of field experience.

Jake

Bandera, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Thanks again fellas, yes it is beautiful country. I was born and raised here and don't plan on leaving. Thanks for the info Dan. Yep Afalex be careful riding bikes around here. Our family vehicle is in the shop after hitting a big axis spike 3 nights ago. No I didn't get the backstraps, hindsight is 20/20.

Wassman

Houston, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Welcome Jake, Bandara is my favorite moto ridin spot in TX. Maybe next time I am in your neck of the woods you can check out my PVS 14

Jake

Bandera, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Thanks Wassman, I actually have an interesting pvs14 story I'll post in another thread.

Jeff

LSB Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Welcome Jake! We lived in Lakehills in the late 90s, still miss the area.

Jeff

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
welcome