He Got Away Once Before, But Not Last Night!

der Teufel

Livin' the Dream …
SUS VENATOR CLUB
A tasteful necropsy indeed!
Nice shooting. Amazing that the first shot didn't totally do him in. That's where I typically aim if the situation allows for it.
Good work keeping on him and determining the need for a follow-up.

J BAR K

Just trying to make a day.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Glad you got him! I would have thought that first shot would have kept him down long enough for him to bleed out. Just shows you never know with hogs. Thanks for the extra work doing the necropsy. I always learn something.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I had faith in you (Cookie-Baker). His days were numbered. Good follow through to observe what "ain't right". And, the bwain shot kil't the zombie hog deader'n a popcorn fart.

scrmblr1982cj8

LSB Active Member
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I’m noticing a trend with you, cows, and hogs...

Amazing that he was able to move around after the first shot!

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
1 shot and down for the count! Good boar down!

diggler1833

LSB Active Member
I too am surprised at the results of that first shot. The Better huntging bullets have long been touted as penetrating deeply before coming apart...do you think that this is what happened in your situation (the wound cavity would have been even greater if the neck were a couple inches thicker)?

If so, I wonder if these bullets would be perhaps a little more devastating on body shots, and less so on neck shots...

Guess you had better get to work on that theory :D.

lonepunman

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
This video may explain why my head shot”DRT” hawg in La Grange last summer Lazarused five minutes later.

We rolled up in the Mule about sixty yards away and when the headlights hit him, he got up and staggered away to the thicket.

I couldn’t believe it… Thought it was a different hog.

Only had my thermal mono on me. By the time I grabbed my boomstick he was gone.

Would’ve been well worth the extra dollar insurance policy...