Happy with this load

ZenArchery

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter

I had 3 boxes of 220gr. Remington Ammo that performed subpar for my liking. I decided to pull the 220gr. bullet and replace it with a 130gr. Barnes TTSX. I used the same case, primer and up'ed the powder by 2gr. Since I was using a much lighter bullet subsonic was not a goal of mine but a good hog killing bullet.

I was able to purchase some powder and primers at Cabela's two weeks ago and built some bullets from scratch using a heavier powder charge.

It never occurred to me that their was a "minimal fps" for the Barnes TTSX to expand. Research states that you need a minimal of 1600-200 fps for the bullet to expand properly. I am excited about this bullet and hopes that it will deliver some dead hogs and varmints in the future.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yes, in the 6.8 SPC... the 95 TTSX was developed specifically for that caliber... with (I think) a threshold of only 1400 fps for it to petal open. It's been quite popular within the 6.8 community.

ZenArchery

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
W296
Silly Cabelas only let's you buy 2lb's at a time good thing I brought a friend. So I've got 4lb's that should last a long while!

ZenArchery

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Def given thought to the TAC-TX but haven't been able to find for 9 months now. I saw the 130s at Cabelas, desperation kicked in and I took 'em! Now that I've got 3 boxes gotta use them up.

Here piggy, piggy, piggy (or coon)!