Hang fire.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I seem to have located some bad primers. In this video you will see me shoot the hog but he takes off. So not knowing if hes fatally wounded or not I try to hit him again. The second shot is a hang fire I squeeze the trigger the hammer hits a pause then fire. Third shot was normal, fourth shot another hang fire, fifth no fire at all. I tested several more shots after this and found no more. Its strange to me that so many in a row were bad. Maybe contaminated some how in the mag.

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Have you used a WD-40 or some such spray in or around your weapons/ammo?

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Have you used a WD-40 or some such spray in or around your weapons/ammo?

No I use mpro 7 but not on my mags. I dumped the rest of the mag later with no issues. Its just weird that three were so close together.

Wassman

Houston, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I have heard that if you handle primers by hand the oils can contaminate them, but I handle them by hand all the time and never experience a bad primer. The only thing I can think of is that there was lube on the bolt face and somehow got into the pockets while chambered. Did you notice loose pockets when seating?

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
No loose pockets I did drop a few and picked them up by hand now that I think back.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
These were wolf but Ive shot almost 1000 with no issues. well only 4 fail to fires.

Wassman

Houston, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I suspect Alex got a hold of them and coated them in kit kat's. Did you find any wrappers, because you know he leaves a trail of them, dead give away.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
LOL @ the kit kats! I have never had that happen, interesting.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I suspect Alex got a hold of them and coated them in kit kat's. Did you find any wrappers, because you know he leaves a trail of them, dead give away.

No as a first hand witness kit kats cause failure to load not bad primers. :rolleyes:

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
Humidity can spoil primers also, but being that they were so close together, could be contamination

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
how do you clean the lube off of your reloads?