HANDGUN RECALL

pruhdlr

Cantonment,Fla.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Has there EVER been a recall of a Glock ??

"Colts and Kimbers are what you show your friends. Glocks are what you show your enemies." --- pruhdlr

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Has there EVER been a recall of a Glock ??

"Colts and Kimbers are what you show your friends. Glocks are what you show your enemies." --- pruhdlr

I don't like an unsupported chamber (since I reload), nor a lack of external safety. All it takes is one leather holster in need of being replaced and one slopping insertion as a recipe for disaster. Gimme my external safety on my autoloader, thank you very much. Besides... that grip angle just doesn't cut it for me, I can't hit the broad side of a barn with one of those things. Mr. John Moses Browning got it right (grip angle).

pruhdlr

Cantonment,Fla.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Actually a Glock has three different safeties. I consider the trigger safety external. And the MAIN safety,as far as I am concerned,is keep your finger, or anything else,out of the trigger guard UNTIL you acquire your target. Then.......pull the trigger and it WILL go bang just as reliably as a revo(IMO). Personally,I love the Glocks in that to engage a threat .......pull the trigger....that's it.

If you compare the angle of the grip between a Colt 1911 and a Glock,yes they are different,but very "slightly".

The chamber is supported,just not as much as some other weapons. However that is for a good (GREAT!!) reason.....reliability. The brass is somewhat harder to reform.....HOWEVER.....I give all my Glock 20 (10mm) brass to a friend of mine and he sez he has never lost a piece. How many times he reloads it is unknown. ---- pruhdlr

histopicker

St. George, Utah
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Actually a Glock has three different safeties. I consider the trigger safety external. And the MAIN safety,as far as I am concerned,is keep your finger, or anything else,out of the trigger guard UNTIL you acquire your target. Then.......pull the trigger and it WILL go bang just as reliably as a revo(IMO). Personally,I love the Glocks in that to engage a threat .......pull the trigger....that's it.

If you compare the angle of the grip between a Colt 1911 and a Glock,yes they are different,but very "slightly".

The chamber is supported,just not as much as some other weapons. However that is for a good (GREAT!!) reason.....reliability. The brass is somewhat harder to reform.....HOWEVER.....I give all my Glock 20 (10mm) brass to a friend of mine and he sez he has never lost a piece. How many times he reloads it is unknown. ---- pruhdlr
Ok, you mentioned two safeties, 1 mechanical and one that depends on a functioning brain. What is the third?

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
TRIGGER SAFETY
As the first of the three Glock “Safe Action” safety features, the trigger safety prevents inadvertent firing by lateral forces on the trigger. Releasing the trigger will automatically reactivate the safety. I hardly call this a safety but Glock markets it as such.

FIRING PIN SAFETY
The Glock firing pin safety is a solid hardened steel pin which, in the secured state, blocks the firing pin channel, rendering the igniting of a chambered cartridge by the firing pin impossible. The firing pin safety is only pushed upward to release the firing pin for firing when the trigger is pulled and the safety is pushed up through the backward movement of the trigger bar. Releasing the trigger will automatically reactivate the firing pin safety.

DROP SAFETY
In the line of duty it may happen that a loaded pistol is dropped on the floor. Contrary to conventional pistols, the Glock drop safety prevents unintentional firing of a shot through hard impact. When the trigger is pulled, the trigger bar is guided in a precision safety ramp. The trigger bar is deflected from this ramp only in the moment the shot is triggered.

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
What I was talking about pertaining to external safety is due to this type of ND. It doesn't have to be a worn leather holster (I used that as one scenario)... it could be a loose draw string, it could be a flap of clothing... I think you get the message. I just like having an external safety on my autoloaders.

http://guns.everydaynerd.com/firearms/safety/leather-holster-causes-negligent-discharge

glock_02.jpg
glock_04.jpg

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That above pic is why you should inspect your equipment and replace it when it becomes unserviceable. My Glocks sit in a positive retention holster that properly covers the trigger. It also trains my finger to be in the proper placement when drawing. I am old, I cannot remember all the safetys on all weapons, click this do that then do...well you get the point. If in fear of my life I want to be able to do 1 thing and that is to PULL the trigger, my Glocks do that.

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Glock-Aid.jpg