Had a great night

rgilbert

LSB Active Member
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Went to my place in Lavaca County last night. No hogs at the first blind but got a yote. Heading back across the road and located a sounder and took one out. The brush is so thick you get one shot. Went across the road to take pics and located another sounder. Got to get into my first TLM moment and took four. Video will be posted later. 1180 pounds of pork total.
IMG_0135.JPG

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice going. That is a pile of hogs. Way to go!!! BANG BANG!!

Nice picture also.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Very nice pile of pork there, as well as "summa udda kinda meat". I'll have to share the tale of that one.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
WOW..How many bullets? 100 or 10?

Lancer

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Great night indeed!

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Very cool! That's a tough act to beat there. You've set a new standard, our expectations of you are higher now you know!

rgilbert

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
WOW..How many bullets? 100 or 10?
When you see the video you will see that even when they come at me, one shot one kill. Unlike others. Cough, cough. LOL

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Lol awesome. Sounds like a great night!

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
RG way cool night of hog killing and a yote to boot. Great job!

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Awesome! That last one I was going shoot, shoot! That was good shooting!

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good job staying on target and rolling them up..ran out of ammo? you sure were steady on that last pull w no bullet! No wasted shots except on the little ones.

rgilbert

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Thanks Frank. I can't seem to hit the little ones for some reason.

Equipment used:
6.8 ***/factory Hornady 120SST
IR Hunter MKII 35mm

This night showed again what I had been missing by not using thermal. The first hog I killed was across the county road. After I shot her I went to get my four wheeler. When I came back she was not where I thought she should be. I scanned the brush and she had moved about fifteen yards and was still alive. After I loaded her and the yote up I went back across the road to take pictures and hit the rack. After taking pictures I scanned with NV and thought I saw something. I turned on the thermal and could clearly see a sounder of about thirty to fifty hogs at three hundred yards. I stalked in using NV and switched to thermal for the kill shots. I will never be without a good thermal unit again.

These hogs where in a mesquite grove and without the thermal I would have had a hard time seeing them, much less make the shots I was able to. I am a thermal junkie. Repeat, I am a thermal junkie. LOL

Also, I was unable to find the head shot hog for some reason. I reviewed the video and was able to identify the tree she was under. No problem finding her after that. She was right under the tree.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That's some good pig-slayin' right there. Nice work.

TomH FW

LSB Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Woo-hoo! What a great night for you!