Guess New York has soled all the crime in the state!!

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Sorry, but that was one of the least helpful things I have read in a while. The guy claims to be rousted by the cops for buying ammo from some broker online, and he repeatedly warns against doing this, but then doesn't ever say who it was, only noting he has many listings. Fat lot of help that would be to fellow New Yorkers.

The really funny part is how he is so concerned that the cops now have his personal information, which they got from his vehicle. I am pretty sure that the cops already have access to a person's DL, ID, vehicle information, gun records, etc. They did not need to interrogate this guy to get any of that information.

My guess is that there is a lot more to this story than the naïve ramblings posted.

Harris hawker

LSB Member
Sorry, but that was one of the least helpful things I have read in a while. The guy claims to be rousted by the cops for buying ammo from some broker online, and he repeatedly warns against doing this, but then doesn't ever say who it was, only noting he has many listings. Fat lot of help that would be to fellow New Yorkers.

The really funny part is how he is so concerned that the cops now have his personal information, which they got from his vehicle. I am pretty sure that the cops already have access to a person's DL, ID, vehicle information, gun records, etc. They did not need to interrogate this guy to get any of that information.

My guess is that there is a lot more to this story than the naïve ramblings posted.

I will say this as of known fact.
The lady that used to be In charge of falconry permits in Texas got canned cause she was slow in doing her other duties for TPWD cause she spent her time on the falconry forums trying to bust falconers doing something.
So this isn't as far fetched as you think.
It is well known in the falconry community that the Feds will go to the forums to moniter falconers also.
So this isn't out of the realm possibilities.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Can we do without the cop-phobia threads here? Isn't ONE forum for us to have to read them enough?

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I didn't say it was far-fetched, but that it is. The guy is claiming a lot of stupid things without details or anything verifiable. It is a proverbial "sky is falling" story. There are lots of issues in New York and they are fairly well known and verifiable. That there is a mysterious, unnamed private vendor (actually a front for a cop sting op) out there that is causing people horrible invasions of privacy is delusional. If it is real and the guy is posting his claims without any sort of evidence, that is stupidly unhelpful.

My guess is that either the guy is actually a retailer (LGS?) who doesn't like being undercut by private sales and so is trying to generate paranoia, or the guy got stopped by the cops for something other than what was claimed. It reminds me of the various stories out of New York where it is claimed that somebody was arrested "for" a justified self defense shooting when in reality, they were involved in a justified self defense shooting and got busted for having an illegal firearm (no NY permit) or because of an outstanding warrant. It was just the self defense shooting that brought the person to the attention to the cops that resulted in his arrest.

Yeah, miscarriages of justice can and do happen, but to claim one has occurred and is continuing to occur without proof is just bogus. Bottom line - the story, as given, doesn't pass the smell test.

Last edited: