Greetings from the Mid-Cities

Dave Morris

I'm an occasional hog hunter for the last 3 years after getting tired of shooting at paper targets. I have a 50 acre ranch in far northeast Texas (south of Detroit, Texas) that has occasional hogs that I am trying to lure into becoming more regular visitors so I can hunt them on a consistent basis.

I currently use a Kel-Tec RFB (.308) with a Pulsar N550, but I'm waiting for my ATF permission to exercise my 2nd amendment right to own a Ruger 77/44 with an integral SRT suppressor after going on several successful hunts with Randy and Gerald in Seguin using that same rifle.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Welcome Dave! I want one of those ruger 77/44's in my opinion that's the best rifle to hunt suppressed and subsonic with. Large bullet diameter and weight. Plus the bullets are designed to expand at subsonic velocities unlike most rifle bullets!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Welcome to the fray there.

Dave Morris

The guys at NightHogs.com are using them, and that's where I got all the info on getting one built. I even ran out and bought everything to load my own subsonic 300 grain ammo for it, since there are very few sources for that. I can vouch for the fact that it drops hogs dead on the spot, as I've never had one take even a step after getting hit with that round. No hearing protection required. You literally hear the bullet hit the hog, hear him snort and start kicking dust, and never hear the gun go off. It's gonna be awesome if it ever clears Big Brother ;)

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Welcome! Texaslawman and I were just talking about the same rifle you are having built. I think it is a great choice for suppressed, sub-sonic hunting. Big slow bullet, designed to expand at slow speeds and still have lots of kinetic energy to expel on the target.