Great Site!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Greetings to yaz... Welcome to the fray... from Seattle, or the high Arctic (depends on where I'm at).

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Welcome to the site. Great to see the site is expanding to members around the nation. I think you will find the site is full of great information, friendly members, and a good attitude. Enjoy!

Last edited:

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Welcome, how did you find us??

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
There was a link on craigslist. I'm new to my area and was looking for places to hunt, when I typed in "hog hunting", ya'll came up in my search results. Glad I found it!
I think that was Franks doing.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
LOL yep, I am keeping some alive there...Thank for checking us out and joining! Where in Al?

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Old Ft Rucker! I am not up on leases up there but will keep an eye open for you.

PRyan1877

Roselle, Illinois
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Welcome to the board Berenger80, you've come to a good place.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
So far what I have found:
"I lived up there for 17 yrs before moving back here. I had a lease, so I never hunted it, but had several friends who did and they did well. Lot's of good deer in Dale and Coffee counties. Lake Tholocco, on post, has been restocked, and has some good fishing now from what I hear."

"My lease was between Banks and union springs. I was lucky enough to get in at a very low cost! I have heard of leases ranging from $650-$1100 around there, with some considerably higher. Sadly, I have no more contacts in the area."

Berenger80

So far what I have found:
"I lived up there for 17 yrs before moving back here. I had a lease, so I never hunted it, but had several friends who did and they did well. Lot's of good deer in Dale and Coffee counties. Lake Tholocco, on post, has been restocked, and has some good fishing now from what I hear."

"My lease was between Banks and union springs. I was lucky enough to get in at a very low cost! I have heard of leases ranging from $650-$1100 around there, with some considerably higher. Sadly, I have no more contacts in the area."

Thanks for the info Mr. Frank. I've been looking around. Folks do tend to ask for quite a lot of money to hunt here, and I suppose its not my business to say what a fair price is. I've found some great game trails on post, just haven't had a whole lot of time to stalk. Lots of turkey here though!

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yeah the cost of leasing land has gone up, liability ins has gone up. Our leases around here are 600 to 1100, but just a bit N and you get even higher w better hunting land. Then Our paper company charges $3-4 an acre but another company just 60 miles away charges $7.50 and more, so you find a vast difference in costs. Check with your paper companies, many have websites and lease openings, or you can call and ask, otherwise go to local country stores, feed stores and ask around, see what you can find. Good luck!

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I lived in the Ft Rucker area three different times and have some great memories from the area. Enjoyed some great hunting on post and off. My most successful scouting was done at the base by getting to know some of the maintenance guys. They led me to some great experiences and good people. Still have a fondness for that area, but sadly only have one good friend left there. Hope you are sucessfull in finding a hunting area.