Great Customer Service on my .45

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
OK, since I can't pass up a deal a guy had a Taurus PT145 for sale and 5 holsters for , well I got it for $275. This is the same size as my Glock 26 and I wanted a .45 for a backup at the lease. Got it home, 3 mags all clean, looked like shot very little. I tried all 3 mags empty and they all worked then I loaded them up. 1st mag half way thru dry ejecting fell out...OOPS Long story story now all mags fall free loaded or not.

I google the issue and see it has been a problem and instead of ordering the parts I call Taurus as there is a lifetime warranty no matter the owner. Well it is a simple mag release button internal break so she says they will fix it under warranty and emails me a FedEx label on their dime.

2 weeks later, expecting it to take 6, I get a call from Taurus, UN repairable! WHAT? it is just a mag release replacement! Too bad, so I ask ,what now? She says the 24/7 G2 45SS is the replacement as the PT145 is not built any longer. $543 MSRP, I say OK what does that entail, expecting a catch, she says she needs a FFL to mail it to. I giver her one, she says great they are on the list, we will send one to you through them but cannot tell me when. That is it a free gun replacement! I am more than satisfied.

During all this I found Taurus has agreed to a 39M settlement due to a safety issue w several models including the PT145 but has not been signed by the judge yet. I suspect that was involved in replacing my gun as it was on the list but the settlement is for $200 a gun not a replacement.

End of story I will have a new gun when they can ship...so anyone have experience w the 24/7 G2 lineup?

247_G245SSC_12_01.jpg

Model: 24/7-G245SSC-12
Finish: Stainless Steel
Caliber: .45 ACP
Grips: Checkered Polymer
UPC: 7-25327-60877-6
Capacity: 12 +1
Weight: 27 oz
Barrel Length: 3.50"
Frame: Small
Action: DA/SA
Length: 6.60"
Trigger Type: Smooth
Order #: 1-247459G2C-12
MSRP: $543.41

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Happy Boipday to you! Gotta love C.S. like that. I'll assume this is a striker fired model?

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I believe so RD. Really it is the only handgun I will own w a safety...lol

Wassman

Houston, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice score, Taurus gets a bad wrap. I have owned many if their guns and never had issues. They make great truck guns.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Funny they have a bad rep but have the best warranty available.