Great buck down and a year long story will

Colby

Central Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
It all started with this buck around December of last year when it was really cold we had seen this deer laying by a tank in the wood line and noticed he was hurt. A few days later he showed up at my feeder and he had been grazed or badly injured fighting.

Fast forward to this summer and I have months of pictures of him growing and he had an evident scar on his shoulder but his horns weren't messed up.

Bow season started and went with only pictures of him. No actual confirmed sightings. Finally on the morning of
11-20 I confimed it was him. He was about 700 yards out chasing a doe. Never made it in range and I watched him for an hour and half before disappearing. I hunted almost every day for him that week and never saw him again. Hunted on and off for him when everything was right, this is a very smart deer, aged at 6.5. Still no sightings. Started giving up on him and finally 12-12 he showed back up on camera. He was going to the feeder every time and it made no sense to me why a buck like him was doing that. Last Saturday I sat under an oak tree and here he comes. At first I couldn't believe it then I couldn't help but laugh cause he was limping again! He took almost an hour to come down the tree line and into range. I knew he was going to come to the feeder and all the conditions where right so I let him come as close as possible. I shot him at 112 yards and he took it like a man and ran about 75 yards before crashing in a creek. After a found him a notcied he had been shot, grazed just under the brisket and front leg.

I guess this buck was truly meant for me. Making it all deer season then showing up on the completly opposite side of the ranch with a bullet hole in him.

Big ole bull head on this guy

Scored out at 134 3/8

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Very nice, love it when a plan comes together, Good one for you Colby!

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Great Job. Hunting one deer can be a daunting task, way to stay on him!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Fine buck there Colby, congrats. Way to keep after him.

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
He's one hell of a great Christmas present. Congratulations and good job.

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Way to go Colby!

EGarza04

El Sauz, TX
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Nice deer with chocolate antlers. Glad you were able to get him since it looks like you were not the only one looking for him.

marineimaging

LSB Member
Good one! I am going to try to get one more hunt in if the rain will hold off. I might even go with or without the rain cause I sure can't hit anything from my armchair.

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
great story