Got,to,play with my new Magetospeed Chrony today

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I wanted to see what kind of speed I was getting out of my hand rolled 95gr Barnes TTSX with H-322 in different barrels. I was able to get in a 9.25 Rock Creek Barrel and a 18" ***. Will shoot the 16" *** barrel tomorrow.
I am using 3 shot strings is that enough or should I go to 5? This is all about how fast they go and not about accuracy. Will do that another time. Was shooting at my house suppressed so the people around me would not get crazy. I do,live in the country but want to be good with noise. Will post all 3 tomorrow. The Magetospeed is very easy to use with a suppressor . So,far I am extremely happy with ease of uses since I am shooting out of my sniper hide on the second floor of my house.

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
My wife gets really crazy when I shoot at my house. She says it makes too many holes in the walls.:p

Wassman

Houston, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Cool, I have used it a couple of time (friends at range day). Very simple and accurate.

rgilbert

LSB Active Member
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Go for 5 round strings. I normally get a better average with my Pac that way.

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
5 is good

10 is better

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Ok got to shoot the 16" today so here is my findings will go to 5 shoot strings next time.
Ballistics: 6.8 Barnes 95gr TTSX, 30gr. H322, SSA Brass, CCI 400 primer, OAL 2.28
6.8 9.25” Barrel Rock Creek Barrel
1. 2335
2. 2360
3. 2371 Average 2355 SD 18.4

6.8 16” *** Barrel
1. 2703
2. 2693
3. 2725 Average 2707 SD 16.3

6.8 18” *** Barrel
1. 2711
2. 2730
3. 2726 Average 2722 SD 10.0

Not much difference in 16" and 18" barrels.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Excellent! I always figure my Bison 8.5 is 400 less than my *** 16" and this proves it out...Thanks

rgilbert

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Good deviations too.

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yep that is what. I was thinking rounds are all about the same.

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
I've got the V3, great to use, I hear there is a V3 version coming out.

I only load test with the V2, for grouping I take it off as I feel it changes the harmonics hanging off the end of the barrel.

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I believe it told me in my manual that there would be some POI shift but groups would be good to measure. It is sure easy to shoot compared to setting up tripod and leveling and hoping light it good.