Got to break in my new 5.56 Saker and Larue 7.62

ppapago

Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Got this guy the evening after our helo hunt. Uvalde was not far from my ranch so I heading there after the aerial genocide that was commited that morning.

First location I went to this guy was chowing down on some sweet feed I put out earlier. I make the long stalk to get closer. As I am approaching a couple of deer spooked and ran off. I did not know it yet but the hog wandered off and could not see him anymore. I wait a bit before conitinuing and walk right up to the feeder trying to find him. As I am about to give up I turn around and there he was just on the other side of fence drinking out of the water trough. I get a little closer and squeeze off a 70gr. TSX through my new Saker suppressor...big ole whiff! Fire again and hit him good and another time for good measure. He ran off and jumped the damn fence (third time now that I have witnessed a hog jump a 4 foot fence). I could hear him crash in the brush, but since the rattle snakes are out and I am down here in the absolute middle of nowhere, i figured it would just be best to wait till the morning to recover him.

The next morning I slept in a bit and went to a feeder I knew hogs would be feeding at. I grabbed my Larue 308 and snuck up the top of the hill and there were 5 hogs feeding at 8AM just like my trusty trail cam showed them doing every day this week. I get my range finder out and ranged them at 301 yards. Dialed in my scope and dropped a small sow. We had some guys from Del Rio doing some fence work for us and they were ecstatic when I gave them the tasty pork. I did not really feel like cleaning her.

After this I went back to the location I shot the boar and I found him just 30 yards from where I shot him. Decent looking teethers on him. Probably weighed about 140-150lbs.

a43f7bbfcbcd8664a53081b4692265b9_zps492e7cd6.jpg

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
you are a hog killing machine !

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Congrats... you're just having way too much fun.

Shooter

Bedford, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
a kill shot of 301 with an aimpoint is a hell of a good shot. The gun and caliber look great also.

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good job. That's a beautiful rifle. Close to what I'm trying to piece together

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yup. This has been a pretty good time the past few days.
I'll say. Be good, see y'all on the flip flop. Travel day tonight.

ppapago

Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
a kill shot of 301 with an aimpoint is a hell of a good shot. The gun and caliber look great also.

That would have been a great shot...:)

The 301 yarder was on a different pig than the picture and was shot with a LaRue 308 with a 3.5-15 Nightforce on top.

Shooter

Bedford, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Still a good shot but not quite as tough as with the aimpoint!!!!!!!!

ppapago

Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Still a good shot but not quite as tough as with the aimpoint!!!!!!!!

Haha. Thank ya sir. Glad to see my longer range practicing has been paying off. This makes my second +300 yard kill on a hog. First one was at the same location but a little further off at 330 yards.