Got the thermal figured out, but what about the other stuff...

1187Shooter

So after digging around, doing research, crunching numbers etc. I know which thermal I'm going to go with.
That out of the way, now I have more questions for the experts.
I hadn't really thought about goggles/monoculars, but maybe I should. I won't always be hunting from a blind...
What's a good entry level setup? I'm saving a few bucks on the thermal scope so that I can supplement it with more fun stuff. Looking to keep around the 1500 mark for the whole rig, headgear+optic etc..
Also, for those shooting without suppressors, what's a good muzzle device to mitigate flash and keep from obscuring the view immediately after the shot? Or is that as much of an issue with thermal as it would be with regular (digital) IR?
I have a Photon XT and an X-Sight, and haven't used either all that much, so that is where my experience is coming from.
Last question, does anyone have any experience with Nivisys equipment? I've seen them online, but there is very little mention of their gear as far as performance reviews and videos...

scrmblr1982cj8

LSB Active Member
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I would highly recommend a thermal monocular for spotting game if you can swing it. It is much easier to look around with a handheld as opposed to swinging around a rifle. It is also much easier to scan from the window of a vehicle when looking for hogs.

Check out the sales page here. There are several sponsors that could possibly assist with a unit. I think Flir and Leupold have lower cost units, but don't quote me on that.