Got My New 6.8 Wet

diggler1833

LSB Active Member
I finally let the 6.8 crowd talk me into a new rifle the other day. I took it out the other night after a storm rolled through just to see what was out there.

I came across this big male coyote, and put a stalk around to get to a position where I could shoot knowing that there wasn't the possibility of bedded down cattle behind it. I actually got within about 40 yards and was enjoying my 'ninja' status when he busted me as I was getting ready to focus my thermal. So I took a hasty shot, and put it through the boiler room.

This dude was big for out here in SE Oklahoma. That is an 18" barrel with nearly another 2" of muzzle brake for reference. I measured him at the shoulder while he was laying down and he came to 22"

I must say that the 6.8 did a fine job putting this one away quickly without the aid of a CNS hit.
20181220 Coyote Island.jpg

Crappy video if anyone is interested.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Very nice prairie poodle. Congrats on the new rig, and the kill.

J BAR K

Just trying to make a day.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good to get rid of those critters. Try to keep them on your side of the river huh? LOL. Good shooting!

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That's a good size dog. 6.8 is a winner!

pruhdlr

Cantonment,Fla.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Which bullet/load are you using for hogs/yotes ?? --- pruhdlr

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice shot and congrats on the rig! What ammo are you using and is that the trail xq38?