Got my first, Q Thunder Chkn

Discussion in 'SUPPRESSORS sponsored by SILENCER SHOP' started by kryptekman, Apr 17, 2018.

1. kryptekman

kryptekman LSB Member

Pulled out my wallet spent the 960$ at my local retailer that has a silencerco kiosk.

I purchased this on behalf of Todd and his videos and his recently approved love of the Q series suppressors.

I will be using it on a Lwrc Leonidas Repr 16
    And her baby sister M6A2 16 and maybe my Adams Arms 7.5

Would you all approve of this decision or would you have selected differently

2. TEXASLAWMAN

TEXASLAWMAN Lone Star Boars Owner LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY SUS VENATOR CLUB LoneStarBoars Supporter

Most dont even know. You did well in my opinion.

3. Juanthelawnmowerthief

Juanthelawnmowerthief LSB Member

I don't know about the Adams Arms 7.5 inch upper if its 556, don't think its rated for 556 barrels that short.

4. TEXASLAWMAN

TEXASLAWMAN Lone Star Boars Owner LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY SUS VENATOR CLUB LoneStarBoars Supporter

It's full auto rated and stronger than almost every can out there. I've been using it on my 12" 308 no issues. And will be using it on my 8" LWRCI PDW 5.56

5. Whosure

Whosure LSB Member LoneStarBoars Supporter

Are you happy with the purchase? If so, then I approve.

Navygator and der Teufel like this.
  6. kryptekman

kryptekman LSB Member

Thanks for the input! I will write a review in 6-10 months haha!

Actually maybe shorter, my FFL has "conjugal visits" when we meet up at the local range and I get to molest it but I have to return it to him that day, the benefits of small Alaska city!

Juanthelawnmowerthief likes this.
  7. kryptekman

kryptekman LSB Member

Oops, I just purchased a Q Erector .22 suppressor also! hoping for a nice xmas!

der Teufel likes this.
  8. Jethro

Jethro New Member

I really don't know anything about the Q suppressors, don't know anyone who has one. I have 7 cans on my trust, all SiCo or Dead Air. Friends of mine all run Dead Air, SAS, Thunderbeast, one guy runs Yankee Hill. I have been hearing good things about Q, just don't personally know anyone who has one.

As far as I know, Dead Air is one of the few suppressor companies that has no barrel length restrictions on their cans.

I have an Adams 14.5" piston upper, and I love that thing. Runs anything I put through it, all the time, no hiccups at all. Never misses a trick. I run it with either a Specwar 556K or an Omega with flat end cap. Specwar is smaller and will take heat and abuse very well, but the Omega has better tone and cleaner running. I won't run my Omega as hot as I will the Specwar though.

9. Middy53

Middy53 LSB Member

I purchased the Thunder Chicken as well a month or two ago. Biggest selling point for me was using it on a 6.8 SBR. I found out after the fact that my Omega was not rated for 6.8 below 16".

10. Mike B

Mike B New Member Vendor

It's probably the best can out there right now that most people don't know about.

11. 437

437 LSB Active Member

I took Todd's rec he can use whatever he wants off the shelf at SS that's good enough for me if he is reaching for a Q. He's a good dude I chewed his ear off on the phone for a good half hour he answered all my stupid questions.

12. kryptekman

kryptekman LSB Member

got to visit for a minute today, gonna get those cherry brakes installed for whatever range visits come soon.

[​IMG]

13. TEXASLAWMAN

Q has no barrel length restrictions.

437 likes this.
  14. Middy53

Middy53 LSB Member

Yes this is huge, i was pissed when i built my 12.5" 6.8 and got ready to throw the Omega on it only to have to settle for the specwar 762 which defeated my intended SBR purpose.

15. Jethro

Jethro New Member

I wasn't aware Q had no barrel length restrictions, that is good information. I will have to keep them in mind if I file on another can. Got a friend looking at cans for SBR's right now, I will have to tell him to check out Q as well.

16. kryptekman

kryptekman LSB Member

My silencer shop account shows that my Form4 was mailed yesterday

hoping for 7 months or less! at least there is something to look forward to after Summer ends in alaska

17. kryptekman

kryptekman LSB Member

Cleared the check today, wishing for a Pre Christmas completion!

18. Steve

Steve LSB Member

Todd, I have the Q Full Nelson, how does the full Nelson compare to the Thunder Chicken?

19. 437

437 LSB Active Member

Approved and should get a call from dealer any day really looking forward to it will let you know how it sounds. Hey if any of you guys ends up in a scenario where you want an extra 1/2" cherry bomb and want to trade your 5/8" I'm game for a swap. Thx

20. Rookie

Rookie LSB Member

When did you send your paperwork in?