Got a nice 9 this morning

Colby

Central Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Unforunatly there isn't much of a story on this guy. 4.5 year old deer and will gross low 120's. I had saw the deer 2 weeks ago by my house and could have shot him then and probably should've as I regretted it till today. I watched him go into my neighbors right by their blind. At least it was Sunday mid moring when he did this. I told myself well he's probably one of the better mature deer we have seen on this ranch. We have a management deal on about 4000 acres. This one lives on the fence line of my shoot everything that moves neighbors... Lol. If he was anywhere else I would have let him walk. Well this morning I get a call from my boss and he tells me this buck is bedded down with a doe right where you last saw him and if you want to shoot him you better do it now or the neighbors will get him over the holidays. So I race home and get my 25-06 and slip around the back way and start my stalk from about 300 yards away. I hug the tree line and start getting close when I jump a deer I never saw and I was like crap I hope that isn't him. Well I keep walking and round the corner and I see the doe and a small buck and I'm like hmm that's not him! I take 3 more steps and I was like oh there he is!! Lol let the buck fever begin. Well he sees me but instead of taking off he slings his head around like I'm another buck and he won't turn broad side! So I put it on his white patch and he takes a dirt nap! I'm pretty happy since he's a mature deer and not some crab claw 8 like we usually get and he has brows! Killed him at 10:45am
4CEF4810-1521-41E9-AFAC-0565C1539CF3.jpg

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice buck there Colby. Congrats, nicely placed shot to.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice looking buck there Colby! What's that growing there on your face??? Trying to one up good ole TLM? :)

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
well done Colby!

Guess

Hog Zombie
SUS VENATOR CLUB
nice buck

Aspp

Central California
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Very nice Colby! Grats man!
Oh and good on ya for getting the peach fuzz started. Winter is coming....

Harris hawker

LSB Member
Wow, I like the symmetry of the antlers!
And the dark color of the horns looks like it will make a great euro mount!!
Dark antlers against the creamy bone while color.
Very nice deer.

Colby

Central Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Thanks guys. He scored 124 7/8 so he will be getting mounted cause he's the biggest deer I've taken. And that ain't no peach fuzz!! Winter is here. Brrrrrrr!

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Congrats again, fine buck.

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Good job Colby! I really like chocolate colored antlers. I have yet to see them in the wild. Great solid rack on that deer.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter

Afalex1

LSB Active Member