Got 1/2 a hog

LSB Active Member
Doggone it when you're scanning by yourself it's tough to cover 360°. By the time I switched to look out the passenger window I caught the butts of about a dozen hogs running across the field. Jumped out slapped the scope on the rifle and took off on a dead run across the field hoping to get out them before they got back to the swamp. They started to slow down at some point because I caught up with them .Got him about 30 feet before he got to the wooods. These little guys don't hold together very well but I was just happy to get a round on target after running about 200 yards and still hitting a moving piglet I was breathing pretty heavy. Swim practice five days a week paying off!image.jpeg

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
You sure you didn't run him over?

LSB Active Member
Out doing some early-morning scanning have a good day everybody! Dang it's gorgeous outimage.jpeg

LSB Active Member
I just rolled up on the field with certain the coyotes would've grab this little guy but he survived the night. I think I must've hit him right in the hip blew his pelvis apart there's two chunks of him several feet awayimage.jpeg
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Last edited:

LSB Active Member
Soft point mortar?:) he sploded!!! BANG BANG!!!
Only on the little guys does it do that the big ones I rarely get an exit, but these little guys either don't have enough depth to fully slow it down or their connective tissue just doesn't do it. This is way worse than the piglet from last week

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That lil' feller's been snacking on Tannerite!

LSB Active Member
That lil' feller's been snacking on Tannerite!

Compared to the little piglet last week that looked like a bucket of spaghetti thrown in the air on thermal this guy just hit the ground and stopped there was no indication he had been effectively chopped in half looking through thermal. Looking through thermal. It does look like he swallowed an M 80 though you are right

Whosure

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I'm just wondering what it would of done if you would of hit em in the head. Nice job and good luck tonight.

Whosure

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Whew that makes some serious carnage.

Homebrewer

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Texas heart shot on steroids !

LSB Active Member
Pretty funny how it goes out there. My buddy was with me Saturday night so we had double the scanning… saw two does in 4 1/2 hours. Bageled!

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Crazy damage done by the bullet ...