Good Weekend of Pig Hunting

DangerRanger

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Went out on a solo hunt this past Friday and Saturday night.

Night one, I wounded a decent sized sow, and then I dropped a good boar. Night numero dos, I stalked a big herd under the moonlight, and only confirmed 2 down, with a few others wounded in the brush.

Biggest mistake I felt I made on the big herd was not getting closer prior to shooting. I actually thought I was 75yds when I started, turns out it was more about 130yds.

Also pulled off a coyote kill to end the 2nd night. NOTE about the house in the coyote video, it's abandoned and currently used as a hay lot.

LSB Andrew Solo Boar Dan Henson.jpg

The second night I decided to only use my iPhone for pics, too tired to break out the big camera for just two pig bodies.

IMG_7366.JPG
IMG_7365.JPG

Last edited:

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Sweeet! That big guy looks like woolly mammoth!

der Teufel

Livin' the Dream …
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Aw man, looks like UTOOB yanked it for "Graphic Content" !!

Clearly I need to check here more often. It must have been GOOD!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yup, dead video link. :( Burly hog, and one messed up song-dog.

scrmblr1982cj8

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Cool video. Great photo! You have a knack for taking good pics. You should branch out and book a few weddings!

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good hogs down!! Did you hook up an external mic to record sound?

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
A Wooley Booger and a Curly Shuffle and WAY to much fun!! Nice vid! BANG BANG!!

WhoCares

LSB Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Ranger, what kind of camera and lighting setup did u use in that first photo? My night photos are terrible on my iPhone. I even purchased a mount for the iPhone that clamps onto my tripod but can't get enough light for the photo. Even using the headlights on my truck seem to wash out the photo.

DangerRanger

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Ranger, what kind of camera and lighting setup did u use in that first photo? My night photos are terrible on my iPhone. I even purchased a mount for the iPhone that clamps onto my tripod but can't get enough light for the photo. Even using the headlights on my truck seem to wash out the photo.
Sony A7S With a Canon F3.5 28mm-300mm. Had a .5 second exposure with about a 600ISO