Girls night out!, not so good.

Billygadget7

LoneStarBoars Supporter
Sept 25 2015 in Pearsall. Shot a small boar bout 95 lbs the day before, but he was so ripe, I didn't even think about a pic. However I did drag him around the ranch for a while to level out some of the high spots in the road. ( Jist kidding)

On the way to my spot 6:45am the next morning, I see two yotes in the road. (Private ranch road, not public) I was totally unprepared (scouts motto is to be prepared, well I almost made it to Eagle, but once again I wasn't prepared)
Was still dark , I rounded a bend and there we have two sexy girls in the middle of the road just starring at me.
I couldn't believe they were just standing there lookin at me. Kinda like a cow lookin at a new gate!

I knew I didn't have a chance for a shot. My Junkyard Dawg was on the passengers side, in the floorboard and empty!
So I grab it, git it out the winder of the pickem uptruck, load a round. They start to trot directly away from me. I whistle, they stop and I drop 1.
So now I'm thinkin, noway in Texas will I git another shot. But #2 started slowly trotting. I grabbed another round, loaded, aimed and whistled again. Holy hooties batman, she stopped too! Well, there went sexy girl #2. (Fyi, this is a 788 rem which has been a single shot since my amateur benchrest days in the early 90's.) The mag well is completely filled in and the gun weighs about 13lbs as you see it.
It was very shocking to me to get two yotes in less than a minute with a single shot. And, I am not that quick. They must have been munchin on sum payote or sumthin.
Anyway, it was a trip to remember. Although I did miss a javalina. I shot through the mesquite and hit a limb. The bullet exploded at the limb. It looked like I used20150926_094607.jpg #8 bird shot. There was dust all around him.
To rap it up, all I can say is those girls should have went home before midnight like their momma tolt em to.

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
great to get 2 of the baby makers out of the population...good going

customcutter

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Sorry dude. At the time, I had sent back my predator, zeus pro didn't show up till 3 days later. Only had my nikon monarch. Definitely video from here on out. I love my Zeus.[/QUOTE
Yes, I meant video in the future when you get the Zeus mounted! We are all a bunch of video-holics.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice chootin' on that pair of song-dog-hussies. Congrats on the hog too.