Gimpy....the story of a survivor

dax2323

Boerne TX
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Jus got back from Rocksprings, hadn't been there in a couple months. Left my game cam on and checked it today as I was putting out 300lbs of corn for this weekend's hunting. There were hogs at this feeder everyday, from 7am to 3 in the morning....even at noon. This one was one that caught a green tip in the a$$ on the last trip. Shot a sow and then poked at the others as they ran up a hill about 300 yds away around 2am. This will be the last hog I shoot at this trip because he's gonna be the slowest or running in circles.

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
and that is why I don't shoot FMJ or a 556 at hogs

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
All those hogs know is surviving, pretty amazing to heal up from that.

dax2323

Boerne TX
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
and that is why I don't shoot FMJ or a 556 at hogs
and thats why I do........300 win mag would have done the same, its all shot placement. This one jus didn't cooperate with me

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
That second one has a fine looking mohawk going on.

rgilbert

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Good looking vids. I can't say if you caused the loss of a leg or something else did. Either way he is a gimpy! Probably be the hardest one to kill now. LOL

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good luck this weekend Dax. I'll be near campwood/barksdale at my dad's this weekend too. My dad has 9 pigs on his cameras the past couple weeks. 3-4 piglets. A couple spotted sows. A pair of boars and 1 or 2 big boars

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Shoot well, and take 'em ALL out! Good luck.

Shooter

Bedford, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
hold off for the one with the Mohawk.

Looks great

Good luck to all you shooters

dax2323

Boerne TX
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
shot these last night...no audio. Hit 4 out of 5 of um. First shot is at 147 yds, last ones are jus over 300 yds. They winded me and had some crappy conditions...wind (20mph gusts)and drizzle.Shooting from a hill top to a feeder and then they run up another hill. First 2 shots from prone, then video is shaky till i get on my sticks. Not the most impressive shooting, but was laughing the whole time. I had to load my spare mag toward the end....had 4 or 5 tracers, can see um through the thermal....found couple of um today (buzzards helped) , the rest will jus be a lil slower for the next round

dax2323

Boerne TX
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
image.jpg
View from where I shot ....feeder is dead center, hogs were 10 yds behind it at the start of video

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Beautiful place and nice hogs