Getting better at Running Targets, UPDATE: 6 down total

Navygator

LSB Active Member
All right guys. Tried keeping a clearer head last night when I was able to sneak up on a sounder. Here is my story.
Saw a sounder by our front gate (about 600 yards away) around 10 pm last night. As I was heading out to start the stalk, I checked the feeder behind the bunk house and saw a single boar snacking on corn. Had some deer behind him but a pretty clean shot and he drops. Nice spotted boar, maybe 175#.
Since I was firing in the opposite direction and with a building between me and the sounder, they didn't move much. Stalked up to them with a slight crosswind and set up next to a pecan tree.
Lessons learned from last night: I used no digital zoom, didn't get as close and anticipated which way they would bolt. I recovered the first one and the last one (Pic of single boar and first sounder shot attached) but knew I hit a few more. Looking at the video, it seems I hit five, you can see them dropping at impact and even see them later when I pan back thru but there was only two in the field when the dust settled.

The last one had some sort of weird growth on it's stomach (or possibly the shot did that?). Not sure. Trying to upload pic, no joy.

With the boar, I guess that only counts for three for the night.

der Teufel

Livin' the Dream …
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Good job! Keep after 'em!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Gotta love it when the dead hogs multiply during the night! Nice work