funnels in the barrel with timers

dehoganator

LSB Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I have ask why this is the only way to go in one of my hunting stories, in that section.
I was just playing around to see if anybody experienced the same end results that i did while not using funnels. I had feeders up in some cases years and I always figured that the hogs figured me out which I proved so .
Some of the bigger hogs that I had pic of at the feeder would circle the stand I used before they went to the feeder
Found the circling out by coming in late one time and killed the hog at stand .
Then I would enter a different gate and kill some on the old entering point.
Well i then came to to the point that the hogs just quit hitting the feeder.
This is where I ask about the funnels ?
In my book with the price of corn I'd just add to the corn because I would only dump out the corn if I moved was to move or if i had to fix a leak.
You've seen corn that coons cracked and ate only the heart.
Sometimes I would see it laying days and just figured the hogs got run off, or just spooked.
After I lost the hogs several I seen dust fly when dumped out the bottom of a feeder. I looked at the corn and it had holes bored into it and it was hollowed out..WEEBLES....I decided not to move this feeder and just refill it. I went to another feeder and found like 5 inches from the bottom was also had the sweet heart of the corn removed.
Proving point came like a few years later when the feed store had discounted corn bags, I bought a few and dame thing . Little holes in a hollow corn.
I tried using it by broadcasting around and the hogs wanted no part of it.

Last edited:

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
weebles are da deble

dehoganator

LSB Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
[quote="BigRedDog, post: 206s are da deble[/quote]
Sho nuff, remember them lil wooden toys...weebles wobble but they don't fall down.
They will hang in the bottoms of a feeder, like making the corn useless,, crazy