Fun in the Wheat Fields

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I went up to Clay county Texas last weekend for 2 nights. I got to hunt with a good friend, kill quite a few hogs, try not to get struck by lightning, and not get carried off/eaten alive by mosquitos. I hope you enjoy the video. It was an eye popping good time!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Very productive outing there Alex, congrats on all that thinning effort.

Homebrewer

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good grief Alex! I count 20 kills there. Outstanding job making dead piggies, and Congrats!!

Dennis

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
lots of killing there, way to go

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Way lots of thuds!!! Heck of a video guys, and a GOOD ON YA!!! BANG BANG!!

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
You and the Vmax's really tore into the hogs! Worse ways to spend a couple of nights.

I normally don't shoot vmax bullets on hogs. I had a bunch that I picked up at a steal and figured they would work ok in the 12.5" barrel and lower velocities. The bullet is designed to frag at 270 win velocities so I figured it would hold together at sbr speeds. I didn't bother to try to recover any bullets and none of this was scientific in the least. The wounds looked decent if not similar to 120 sst performance from my sbr. More to come on the vmax because I have a lot more rounds loaded.

cletus

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I went up to Clay county Texas last weekend for 2 nights. I got to hunt with a good friend, kill quite a few hogs, try not to get struck by lightning, and not get carried off/eaten alive by mosquitos. I hope you enjoy the video. It was an eye popping good time!

ZenArchery

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Congrats but how in the heck are you aiming with one vertical line?

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Congrats but how in the heck are you aiming with one vertical line?

In the scope there is a horizontal line too. It's a glitch with the video out of the scope and the mdvr. Sometimes it will record both lines. Other times it will only record one. The shooter can always see all of the reticle.

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Lots of hogs down! Awesome! Happy hunting.

Jake

Bandera, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Way to go Alex, great shooting man! That was just fun to watch.