Ft Worth newbie here

Terran28

Hello everyone!

TxCoonDog pointed me this way from somewhere else....

I am a 37 year old father of 4, 3 here, 1 in NC. I just recently got my hunting license last year. My grandfather would always take me fishing before he passed in 2006. My uncle was an avid hunter before his accident at Lockheed back when it was GD in 1996. He had taken me to his lease at least twice when I was a small child, but never during the hunting season. I have a love for the outdoors and was a boyscout and a Marine. I live in west Fort Worth in White Settlement. I am looking to get into predator/hog hunting because its seems like a challenge and they are year long season. I just do not have anywhere to go. I got my Annual Public Hunting license, but the closest "rifle" area would be Caddo National Grasslands. I have a Savage 10fp-sr in .308, S&W M&P15OR AR15 in .223, Bakail MP153 12ga semi auto,CZ 7 Duty in 9mm, and a PSE Vision compound bow. My daughter is 14 and I bought her a Savage Axis in .243 for Christmas in 2013 and a Vortex compound bow for her most recent birthday. I am trying to teach her about hunting and get her interested. I have a Flextone HD100 I am looking to try out on calling and a Hydel's UP-04 mouth call. I am looking for anyone within my area that maybe has connections that I can tag along with at some point. I have a weekend job that I work 12 hour days for, but looking for a full time job, I was laid off in September. I have a degree in Information Security with a minor in C# .Net programming. It's just hard to find a programming job starting off, they want you to have experience. With this years refund, I am hoping to get a better upper for my AR and to build an AR for my wife from scratch and get her shooting more (and possibly let my daughter use it predator hunting...shhhhh). I look forward to meeting everyone on the forums, and looking to give my opinions and knowledge of what I have.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Welcome. As for finding someone to take you hunting can be a waiting game. Go knock on doors, meet some people. Look at Google maps and look for areas that look "huntable" and go see some people. You might be surprised at what you find. Good luck and God bless your search for you and your family!

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Glad to have you!!

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
howdy!