Friday night 2 Down!

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I almost did not head out this weekend. After a week of being away from home, and the disappointment of the soybeans not being harvested there just was not much motivation. But Im trying to hit the 1000 mark before the year is over, and with a little one on the way my hunting days are numbered this year. So off I went I'm so glad did!

Did not even get to my first hunting spot until midnight Friday. As I pulled by the farmers house I spotted something out in his front pasture but he has it totally fenced in with hog panels and I paid whatever it was no mind and continued on to my spot. Now my spot is on a small hill that overlooks several pastures and a couple of ponds. After about an sitting decided to stretch my legs and walk a bit. As I walked back by the farmers house looked back out "hog proof" pasture, sure enough there were hog's in it!

No the grass was about knee high out there and I could only see two hogs with the pvs-14, but with the thermal I could see all the piglets running around! Set the thermal on a fence post to record some video and started my stalk. These hogs must have never been hunted before because the wind shifted and blew straight at them when I was only 50 yards away and they didn't even alert! I still could only see the two adults with the night vision. Every once in a while I would catch a glimpse of a piglet but no hope in really getting any of them with the tall grass. Finally I picked what I thought to be the alpha sow Put the dot center shoulder squeezed the trigger pop thud and she takes off running! Second shot misses, third shot takes out the second adult sow, and finally the fourth shot takes out the alpha! Piglets all got away but they will be easy targets for future hunts now!

After that I drove on down to my in laws place. Checked all the feeders and cameras still no hogs its been over a year since a hog has visited a feeder there. Tons of deer and coons but no hogs quite disappointing. So I finished of the night thining out the corn thieves.

Wassman

Houston, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice work.

Twenty more to go. You should be able to hit that easy. You know you could get that 1000 in one day with some helo hunting. LOL

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Excellent writeup!

So in what county(ies) did these hunts take place?

I hunted Saturday night outside of Montague at my buddy's place. The neighbor about 2/3 of a mile up the road had pics of 60 hogs in the front yard and so I was hopeful that at least a few might get my way, but no such luck. I watched deer and coons.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice... love seein' dead corn thieves too. Nasty little bastages. LOL

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good going, I had missed this one...So when is the baby due??

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Got the baby room all set up? Boy or girl? How is Mom doing? You know we need a baby thread, pics of how she is coming along, you putting things together and painting the room, then the baby!