Fox, Boar, and the Complexities of Getting Video

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
As I told my wife years ago when I purchased her first GPS for her, "You gotta be smarter than your equipment." Apparently, I need that reminder as well.

First part of the night waiting for hogs at the Elk Springs Ranch high fence place where I have been working. No hogs, but nabbed a fox. Moved on to my other properties and during the 2nd time around on this one place, spotted a boar coming in behind where I was watching a persimmon grove. In a strange twist of fate, I moved into his field going after him and he crossed over into the field where I had been when I spotted him. Not wanting to do that again, I went ahead and took a bead on him and shot. In the excitement of what was going on, I left my finger on the record button as I gripped the rifle and turned off the recorder during recoil. Don't do that, LOL.

Night Owl

LSB Member
Hey, I'll take one little hiccup out of 50 or a 100 hundred great Hunt videos. At least you caught that hog doing a nice dirt plow dance before it cut off.

der Teufel

Livin' the Dream …
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Ah well, you got most of the action. Still a good video!

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
And a bit of a CSMF!! Pretty cool looked like he boogeyed down the road!! BANG BANG!!

scrmblr1982cj8

LSB Active Member
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Sweet! I bet your friend love to see that hog lying dead in his front yard!

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good hunt! Sometimes tactical hunting can be frustrating :mad: Can you still tell if there are a lot of hogs left inside the fence?