Fox at night

rgilbert

LSB Active Member
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Went out hog hunting this past weekend. I sit on my patio overlooking twenty acres. I know hard hunting aint it. This little guy walked up within fifteen yards of me. I normally don't shoot foxes, but this one was too close.

Fox.JPG

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Not here for me, cannot shoot Fox in FL
Closed season on fox: Trapping or shooting foxes is prohibited. Foxes may not be killed but may be chased with dogs year-round. Foxes or untanned fox pelts may not be possessed, except by permit from the FWC executive director. A permit is not required when getting a road-killed fox mounted by a taxidermist.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Sounds like after you shoot one in Florida, you better be sure to run it over afterwards.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Then take it to the taxidermist!

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I think there is a discount for squished critters, skins already loose.

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Nice job on the fox. I really like how you can just flop it up on the patio table. My wife would flip out on me if I put a dead animal on "her" table.

rgilbert

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I did that and posted the picture on FB. My girlfriend saw it and I was cleaning that table with Clorox wipes for a long time. Oh well live and learn. At least it was a glass table top and easy to clean.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yeah that was not a woman friendly place to lay dead animals to take pics...LOL Us old married guys could have advised you...

rgilbert

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I'm an old divorced twice guy. Hmmm maybe doing things like that had something to do with it.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I am OLD, divorced more than that ...I finally learned, it took old age to slow me down...LOL

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I was married to a California Liberal Peta kinda gal. I should have threw a few more critters up on the table, may not have had to suffer with her that long. Now I find out. ha

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yup, any fox getting that close is toast. Up north, 80% of all foxes are carriers of rabies.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
They tear up our quail and turkey populations.

rgilbert

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Rat. That's what I was worried about. Even though it was at night I had a white t-shirt on and she came within ten yards of me.

Frank. I agree they are hard on your bird population.

This is only the second one that I have killed in years of hunting. I've seen them but let them go. My dad used to get upset with me when I told him I let one go, he was a big time turkey hunter. My buddy accross the road dosn't want me to shoot any bobcats that I see. I'll have to make that decision when it happens. A varmit is a varmit!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Kill the kitty, Kill the kitty, kill the kitty, kill it dead

(To the tune of Flight of the Valkyries) LOL

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yeah I hesitate to kill just for killing sake but they can decimate your ground dwelling and nesting animals that they have to be controlled...if that is important on your land you really need to thin them out.