Found My Hunting Ammo!

JPK

LSB Active Member
After disappointing accuracy with the Hornaday 120gr SST's ( but excellent accuracy with Federal's 115gr FMJ's) I tried SSA's 110gr Barnes TSX load, with excellent results!

Final group with my Photon 4.6 was under an inch at 100yds. About the same with the Swaro 1.12x4, and I think the shooting with the Swaro would have been better if I hadn't run the battery out. It was hard to distinguish the roughly 3moa circle dot from the target.

I will post photos tomorrow after I get home. I have trouble downloading to up loading from Photobucket while at my club.

JPK

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That is one of my favorites too and really knocks them down w 1 shot..by the way the 110S&B FMJ shoot the same place for me.

JPK

LSB Active Member
Good to hear. FYI the 110 Barnes TSX load from SSA is on sale at Shooter's Pro Shop. Close out I suspect since Nosaler bought SSA.

JPK

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Well the last I got was when SSA/Nosler sold it BOGO and it came out to 14 delivered a box. I got quite a bit along w 85, 95 and who knows what else...thanks

JPK

LSB Active Member
That would be agreat price. I don't recall what I paid but they are $19.95/box today.

I didn't try the 115 Federal's today to see how close they shot to the SSA/Barnes load. I have some time in the am and might try. But I want to do some more pistol shooting and need to get back for Mother's Day.

JPK