Follow up story from the other night.

cletus

LSB Active Member
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
We sat in the study hall and discussed where we should go because all we have is corn piles in deep east texas this time of year and since last week we shot the majority of them out which was not talked about because our editor slash brush buster dubbs has turned bout half lazy on us. So once again im picking up his slack. And i as talked bout places one popped in my head we have gotten several hogs off this place in the past 12 being our top number in one night. called my cousins husband up asked him if they been seeing any sign he said alittle rooting by the gate is all he has seen as he commended us for our efforts of saving his hay pasture. So we decided we would give it a go as me and dubbs walked up to the gate to look BR aka Big Rick "my dad" stayed at the truck to pull up if all was clear but when we peeked across the pasture all we seen was swine so i slipped back to warn br to go slow. we got in position and all the big hogs slipped through the fence into a another field by now 30 minutes has gone by and br is out of control wanting to shoot anything that has a snout. As we normally have to do we just ignore the rant and keep waiting til the little pigs got with the biguns.so we slipped up to the other cross fence over looking a about a 20 acre hay pasture and there they were grazing like cows squeling chasing each other in circles grunting fighting and well other things. AS we normally do we give Br first shot then we go on report except this time we were spread out because of the dense fence row. when he shot my shooting stick collapsed on one side leaving me tangled up shuffling when i got my stick back up i was confused because all i heard was one shot and there was atleast 25 hogs within 50 yards of us. then like clock we went to town on the also confused hogs.there was piglets running through the fence between us. when the smoke cleared we were picking up dead hogs in waist high grass when i scanned a field 500 yards away and there was 30 or so hogs feeding right to us so we stop the pick up process and go back to kill mode. we watch these pigs feed to us for atleast an hour getting our plan together and there they were from 10 yards to 100 yards. dubbs has first shot then we go on report. Except dubbs shot is a click there are pigs 10 yards away he slides his bolt open i hear a bullet hit the ground with my cross hairs on the closest pig he say shootem and ill close and start so thats what we do expect every shot of his is a click. dubbs never gets a shot off. Now as i type this i am trying not to feel bad because i cleaned his bolt while he whioed the red dirt out of his gun from the night before when he went on a solo run.we only found 15 in the tall grass but video showed 21 confirmed hits.i didnt say we counted it as a 21 kill night but all in all it was a blast. im sure dubbs didnt want to type his own horror story is why this story is a few days late.

cletus

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg
We sat in the study hall and discussed where we should go because all we have is corn piles in deep east texas this time of year and since last week we shot the majority of them out which was not talked about because our editor slash brush buster dubbs has turned bout half lazy on us. So once again im picking up his slack. And i as talked bout places one popped in my head we have gotten several hogs off this place in the past 12 being our top number in one night. called my cousins husband up asked him if they been seeing any sign he said alittle rooting by the gate is all he has seen as he commended us for our efforts of saving his hay pasture. So we decided we would give it a go as me and dubbs walked up to the gate to look BR aka Big Rick "my dad" stayed at the truck to pull up if all was clear but when we peeked across the pasture all we seen was swine so i slipped back to warn br to go slow. we got in position and all the big hogs slipped through the fence into a another field by now 30 minutes has gone by and br is out of control wanting to shoot anything that has a snout. As we normally have to do we just ignore the rant and keep waiting til the little pigs got with the biguns.so we slipped up to the other cross fence over looking a about a 20 acre hay pasture and there they were grazing like cows squeling chasing each other in circles grunting fighting and well other things. AS we normally do we give Br first shot then we go on report except this time we were spread out because of the dense fence row. when he shot my shooting stick collapsed on one side leaving me tangled up shuffling when i got my stick back up i was confused because all i heard was one shot and there was atleast 25 hogs within 50 yards of us. then like clock we went to town on the also confused hogs.there was piglets running through the fence between us. when the smoke cleared we were picking up dead hogs in waist high grass when i scanned a field 500 yards away and there was 30 or so hogs feeding right to us so we stop the pick up process and go back to kill mode. we watch these pigs feed to us for atleast an hour getting our plan together and there they were from 10 yards to 100 yards. dubbs has first shot then we go on report. Except dubbs shot is a click there are pigs 10 yards away he slides his bolt open i hear a bullet hit the ground with my cross hairs on the closest pig he say shootem and ill close and start so thats what we do expect every shot of his is a click. dubbs never gets a shot off. Now as i type this i am trying not to feel bad because i cleaned his bolt while he whioed the red dirt out of his gun from the night before when he went on a solo run.we only found 15 in the tall grass but video showed 21 confirmed hits.i didnt say we counted it as a 21 kill night but all in all it was a blast. im sure dubbs didnt want to type his own horror story is why this story is a few days late.
image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    134.5 KB · Views: 0

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Looks like some healthy (or potentially Unhealthy) rivalry happening in the field lately. LOL Nice work from the crew. Congrats.

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Great night guys! Don't forget to add your kills to the kill counter. Ya'll are whackin and stackin em.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Way to go, did I miss the video??

cletus

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
frank we have a ton of footage on a flash drive we just havent sat down to figure out how to send it. I tried to send some in a email but it wouldnt let me said to send it to a link first. Im still looking for that button??? hahaha... We need some help on this issue if anyone could let us kmow the redneck easy way to post we would.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
upload to youtube then share that.

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Starting from scratch: 1. establish a YouTube account (so easy I could do it). 2. Edit your video with whatever software you have available. 3. Upload the edited video to "your" new YouTube account. 4. Copy the link to your video from YouTube and paste into your thread on LSB. All done and we can ooh and aaah and call you "DA MAN". It sounds complicated, but very simple after you do it once. After you create the YouTube account, you can just use that for all your videos.

Now, this advice is not free, I'll be waiting for my call for the next hunt. :)

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Good story and good hunting. I've had a couple of click moments. Mine were self induced from a chocolate problem. Chopper gave good info on video uploading. If you have any problems shoot me pm and I'll help you out.

BDubbs

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Thanks guys and thanks for the good info... Tech support is on making a kill compilation from the last few weeks right now! There I was laughing at poor ole DJ and karma bit me square on the ass!