Fogging Thermal

chthump

LSB Member
Is it OK to use a product like anti-fog RainX on the thermal scope lens (closest to your eye) what ever you call it.

This blast of snow and cold air in NE Texas makes the thermals fog up within 5 minutes of scanning.

??

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I haven't tried Rain-X. Let me know how it does. I use some generic eyeglasses anti-fog stuff I got at the glasses counter and it helps. It also helps not to exhale into the eyecup, LOL, something I am guilty of doing.

The eye piece is just a normal lens.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
You breathin' through your eyelids again? I always used "Zook" for my motorcycle gear, to keep it fog free. Worked well.

chthump

LSB Member
You breathin' through your eyelids again? I always used "Zook" for my motorcycle gear, to keep it fog free. Worked well.
I guess , last night I had about 3 or 4 minutes before it fogged over, I am pretty disciplined covering my light escaping, so it's sealed when it's on.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
My left eye fogs up everything when it's cold. Sunglasses, goggles, etc...

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
spit on it like you do a swim mask!

JPK

LSB Active Member
We have to deal with the cold temps predator hunting up here. For a scanner, I keep it fiurther from my eye. It'll still fog from time to time, but waving it in the air will clear the fog. I haven't had an issue with my MK II, which has a shuttered eye cup, but I'm not looking through it for long stretches.

If I'm using helmet mounted PVS 14s, I used to roll the eye cup up and set max distance from my eye. Ended up liking that so much I just leave them that way.

Never tried anti fog. Will though!

JPK

znztivguy

LSB Member
I heard pig lard works....just joking...I kid I kid......
(might as well use stuff we have in abundance on this site...)