FLIR T50 rip off.....

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
damn dax, I would try to fix the old one somehow, have a pic of what's wrong with it?

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
T

taking it to a friend w/3d printer.... Gonna put "FLIR SUCKS" on the tail of my Lear jet
When I heard you had a Lear jet I wanted to hang out with you, but when you said you have a friend with a 3D printer...well I know I want to hang out with you.

dax2323

Boerne TX
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
When I heard you had a Lear jet I wanted to hang out with you, but when you said you have a friend with a 3D printer...well I know I want to hang out with you.
The 3d printer is installed in my jet that is piloted by a team of well trained strippers.

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Hum, don't all the Armasight Thermal devices ... well Apollo and Q14 ... have FLIR cores ????

If you really never want to own a FLIR ... you'll have to look at IR-Defense (BAE cores) or otherwise, right? Am I missing something?

Raytheon, BAE, DRS and several others make their own cores but they really aren't available to the public. Wish they were though. They make their money through multi million dollar contracts with the Gov/military. BAE just came out with 12 micron, wish I could get my hands on those.

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Don't IR-Defense civ offerings in ir-hunter and ir-patrol have the 12 micron BAE cores?

Looking at their brochure it looks like it! Wonder how they were able to get access to them. The IR hunter looks pretty impressive spec wise and for the money it's pretty good.

Last edited:

Wildfowler

Mis'sippi
SUS VENATOR CLUB
FLIR cores are in a lot of thermals, I guess they can produce them cheaper than battery packs. Lol. I've numerous people say "don't buy L3 products because their service sucks. Instead buy FLIR because their service is awesome". I'd say that much for a little battery holder is 180* from good CS.
Flir “consumer” product service is awesome.

T-50 is a military unit and is subject to the military pricing listed above.

Wildfowler

Mis'sippi
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Lol. Taking up for a company that charges $500 for a $10? part. $100 would still be a rip off but tolerable.

I’m not taking up for anything. I don’t agree with that sales tactic. I’m fact I think it’s shitty. I’m just re-stating the obvious about the military pricing.

I’m not a FLIR fanboy by any means and think there RS Thermosight up leaves much to be desired compared to other thermals on the market. I don’t think you’ll find any examples of something like that kind of pricing ever happening within their consumer product division.

I do have a flir view drone camera, and I’m about to have a new PTS 233 as soon as ******** will send it to me.

If this new PTS scope is as good as has been claimed we should all be ecstatic that flir has decided to introduce a new thermal core that is being sold significantly cheaper than they have done in the past.

I’ll definitely be there fanboy if this lineup ushers in new less expensive products across the board

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
As Todd said pass on the 233 with a fixed focal lens and wait for the next one, the 233 leaves a lot to be desired due to the infinity focus