FLIR Scout III 320 experience

Discussion in 'Night Vision/Thermal' started by Jay Gusler, Jul 12, 2020.

1. Jay Gusler

Jay Gusler New Member

I have a weapon mounted thermal, looking for a handheld scanner. Does anyone have experience with this model, I have enough Cabela’s points to pay for most of it. How far can you identify an animal, how far to pick up a heat signature. I don’t need it to be perfect, just handy to pick up a heat signature then switch to the gun. Thanks for any feedback.

2. Jay Gusler

Jay Gusler New Member

Anybody?

3. Ratdog68

Ratdog68 LSB Official Story Teller LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY SUS VENATOR CLUB LoneStarBoars Supporter

I had some very limited use of a FLIR Scout handheld unit a number of years back when I was working as a bear guard in the arctic region of Alaska. I was unable to even detect the presence of a polar bear with it... yet, the very high end device used for the building's surveillance was able to show very clear images of the very same bear... at the same time I was trying to view it. I wasn't impressed with the unit.

4. havoc1300

havoc1300 LSB Member

Had the Scout ll for years...just sold it..Id large animals 200+300...never measured detection...I can tell something out there

5. Rookie

Rookie LSB Member

I had a scout 640. It was useless for coyotes

6. Jay Gusler

Jay Gusler New Member

That is what I needed, thank you.